Help...my wig has a life of its own!

Dear Forum

I have had one session of chemo and I used the cool cap. Unfortunately the cap didn’t work as my most of my hair ended up in the plug hole at the weekend.

I’m 38 and have 2 young children and it was recommended I buy a wig so they can see me as being well throughout treatment. So I have brought a wig, affectionately known as Audrey, however Audrey isn’t playing ball.

I still have a covering of my own hair, I’m using a liner and have adjusted the adjusters at the nape of the neck however Audrey is still slipping…has anyone got any advice? Many thanks.

the shop where you got it should help you to fit it… you could try asking for their advice or it may stay on better if you shaved the remainder off… i only wore my wig a few times but it was the middle of summer and i kept melt with the heat and the hot flushes so my wig was off more than it was on… i tended to wear scarves or just go bald.

Lx

Hi Twinkle, i’ve got my wig but haven’t worn it as not all of my hair has fallen out yet. I’m worried about it slipping but my wig lady said it should be fine even in the strongest wind but she said u can’t have any hair underneath as the wig wouldn’t stay on properly & would slip. Maybe as u have some hair, this is causing the problem for u.

Hello
I’ve been wearing my wig (Hattie)all day. I’ve been out twice and it is breezy here today. It hasn’t slipped at all.
I did try it on before I shaved the remainder of my hair off and it’d definitely more secure now without hair.
I wear a cotton liner I got from
bohemia-fashions.co.uk/sleep.htm
not as slippy as the nylon ones.
Good luck.

Hi Twinkle,

Shave off the hair and don’t use the liner.

If that does not work phone the shop where you bought it and see what help they can give.

I never had any trouble with mine and wore it all day.

Best of luck,

E

Hi
I had the same problem and used toupe tape borrowed from my daughter who used to keep herself from popping out of skimpy dresses.I normally used it when i wanted to wear the wig for a while and when it was wet or windy!I purchased more from the Macmillan shop in the hospital and it lasted right through treatment and until my hair grew back.

L xx

I agree with Emmbee… I had a No1 haircut… ditched the liner (so much more comfortable without it). My wig has adjustable bits, and it has never slipped even on the rare times I’ve been persuaded into my OH’s soft top car! I was on a VERY windy beach last week - no problems… Hope Audrey starts behaving herself!!! My hair’s growing back now, and I’m still refusing to put a liner in… and I found my wig MUCH more comfortable than scarves etc cause I hated having my ears covered… we’re all different! Good luck wig-taming! Jane

Hey Twinkle,

I wear a wide,stretchy headband round my wigs - (Suki and Victoria!!) which detracts from the wiggy-ness and helps then stay in place! It works very well. The stretchier the better. Accessorize have good ones.

Goodus luckus!
CW x

My wig has adjustable bits so you can tighten it, I use a wig liner or a silk scarf underneath

I have 2 wigs - Wiggy (original) and Rosie.
Both stay on really well although my hair is growing back underneath.
I really think that your shop should have fitted it better for you.

Cheers Lin