Help..on the fence

Hi ihad grade 2 stage 2 invasive ducal carcinoma. Had lumpectomy node biopsy clear. But het2+ and oestrogen fed.was told before surgery ud need rads which im fine with but now they say chemo as well.the difference would be 4%.I have seen oncologist but have not yet concentrated and have another meeting on 4th August. Really dont know what yo do my head is mashed. Please help xx

Hi

As you’re her2+, normally chemo would be a cert as you can’t have Herceptin without it. Or maybe that’s just in Scotland. That’s why I had it. Does the 4% benefit apply to Herceptin too? xx

Hi fallenangel

Along with the support here you are welcome to access our ‘Someone like me’ service, here you can talk to others who have been in similar circumstances via telephone or email to help you to make an informed decision about your treatment options. You can read more about this here:

breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/support-you/someone-talk/someone-me

Our helpliners are also on hand weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000 so do feel free to call and talk things through

Take care
Lucy BCC

Yes its the same here regarding herceptin and yes thats with herceptin and hormone tabs x

Its all mad lol oncologist says if she was me she would have the treatment. I will keep researching and let you know the way I go xx