Help..tried everything still got very sore eyes

I have tried oh so many many treatments for my eyes…drops, sprays and ointments, they appeared to work for about 1 minute and then sore again!!!

My eyes don’t appear to be dry, as they do leak!

Has anyone tried anything that actually works?
I finished chemo 3 weeks ago and wasn’t expecting my eyes to continue to be sore, they actually feel worse. During chemo my eyes were only sore for a few days per cycle, this has now continued for nearly 2 weeks.
They do not appear to be infected nor are they red. the soreness is more like a slight stinging, and very uncomfortable.

any advice would be most welcome, many thanks
Jenny xx

Hi Jenny

Dry eyes paradoxically can leak a lot! You may not be producing normal consistency tears so your eyes are going into overdrive with more watery ones.
It’s worth trying different types of eyedrops. I used murine eyedrops which had been recommended by an opthalmologist for a previous problem. I used the ones for dry and tired eyes which I found best. I found that optrex didn’t work at all.

Hope this improves for you.
take care, Elinda

I should add that this did clear up for me but as I recall it took a while after the chemo to really get completely better.

Manyy thanks Elinda,

I will try Murine, I have tried so many including optrex which as you have suggested didn’t work.

Glad to know it will not last, thanks xx

Hi Jenny

Talk to your doctor about trying anti allergy eye drops called Sodium Cromoglicate. I had similar eye trouble as you for months, trying all sorts of things and nothing worked, till finally my doctor and I decided to see if it was an allergic reaction. I find these eye drops really DO help, and I have been able to head off eye problems really easily. See if it will work for you. You don’t say if you’re also on herceptin. If you are, it could be allergic reaction to that, that’s what I think it is in my case.

Best wishes.
Alison x

Ruby girl i know you have probably tried lots of things but my oncologist recommended a anti-histamine and boots allergy drops which helped me xx good luck Julie

hey

im week 3 of first fec, and this week my eyes have been sore, like when im tired, and no make up will stay n as they just seem to water.

told my onc yesterday and he said he cant give my anythink for them its just a side effect.
:frowning:

i have had really itchy eyes and my onc gave me some gel eyes, he said its inbetween a drops and lotion, it seems to be working.
hth kerry x