Help with Multivitamins

4 REPLIES 4
belinda

Re: Help with Multivitamins

Hi Julia and Nicky, I think the same applies to Seville oranges. X
JoolsW

Thank you Nicky
I wasn't aware of grapefruit juice affecting drug absorption - thank you for letting me know as I have juiced grapefruit before and eat it for breakfast! SEs of Docetaxel slowly going - still have twitchy eye and get very tired especially if I've been to work. I may just leave the supplements for now as your prob right and I'm getting enough through diet and juicing don't want to overload lol. Hope your doing well. So many positive ladies on this site - I've have been dipping in and out throughout my treatment for a boost. Thank you again Julia xx
nicky08
Community Champion

Hi
I suggest that you ask your oncologist about any supplements as you don't know how they may interact with the ongoing treatment. It sounds like you are getting plenty of vitamins anyway as you are juicing. The only advice I can add is that you shouldn't be drinking grapefruit juice with any medication as it affects the absorption rate but you may be aware of this already.
Hope you are getting over the SEs of docetaxel, I finished that part of my treatment in December and it takes a while for your body to get back to feeling more normal.
Nicky x

Sam_BCC

Hi JoolsW

Whilst you are wating for the other users to reply can I suggest you give the helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk through your questions with a member of staff who will be able to offer you support and information.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes sam, Facilitator

JoolsW

Help with Multivitamins

Hello all
Does anyone know about taking multivits or any other supplements whilst having Herceptin and Pertuzumab? I've finished my Docetaxel 3 weeks ago. I've read conflicting things some say it's okay and others say their oncologist advised against it. I have liver mets so don't want to stress out my liver anymore than it maybe. I juice everyday as well. Also does anyone go to a herbalist? Would be very grateful any advice. Thank you 😊 x