Help with cording

I’m 3 weeks after surgery and have cording, anyone got any advice on massage or exercise techniques?

Hi Oaksy,

While you are waiting for other members to come along and offer support, I thought our booklet on "Exercises after breast cancer surgery " might be helpful.  I have attached a link:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/bcc6-exercises-after-breast-cancer-surgery.pdf

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Oaksy, the exercises that Janet posted are exactly the sort of things I did after my surgery and they really helped. Keep gently moving, scratching your back or lifting your hands up and over your head (as if you’re brushing your hair - which made me laugh as I didn’t have very much to brush!). Hope it eases for you soon :slight_smile:

Hi oaksey, I had cording for a while and thought it would never go. The advice which both Janet and Swoot had given you is exactly the exercises needed to get rid of this. Try walking your arm up a wall too. It will eventually go if your patient and take the time to do it. (I’m the worlds worse for not doing what I’m told), but hated this feeling and am pleased to say it has all gone now :slight_smile:

Take care
x

I had cording in my armpit and travelling down my arm. My clinic sent me to physio and after 2 sessions of ouchy deep massage and self massage for a couple of weeks, it went!!!

Hope this helps

Grumpy

I too had this and never thought I’d raise my arm again… I massaged and kept stretching and found swimming helpful … I can now move arm normally …every now and then gets tight but lots of stretching helps …don’t panic like I did!

I had a lumpectomy last September and started chemo in December. Half way through chemo in February I noticed a tightening on one side in my wrist. Saw what looks like a mild cording but it starts at my elbow and finishes at my wrist. My breast care nurse said it was cording but I’m not so sure as it’s not coming from breast or lymph node area. Does anyone have any experience of this or advice other than the stretching? It is sore all the time. Hoping to get this sorted before my mastectomy next month. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hello
12 days after my surgery and it seems that it was going worse and worse. My surgeon told me is normal and sent me to a physio.
Last Wednesday I went to see him for the first time and I have schedule 3 sessions for next week. In the meantime he told me to climb the wall but never forget it shouldn’t really hurt ad I am only 12days :wink:
Hope you all ladies get well soon