Help!!

I was diagnosed in August mastectomy sep chemo October. I’m due to start the last stage of my chemotherapy today which is weekly for 12 weeks, I’ve been so positive but it seems as it approaches the end im getting more anxious and worried I really don’t know why?

Hello Kat1601

Welcome to the forums.

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Kat come and join the November starters thread. We are all at about the same stage as you. I was diagnosed and mx in sept, started chemo end October but delays did to infection. 3 x FEC which finished 2 January and gave had 2 out of 12 weekly taxol.

I think the drugs cause anxiety amongst some. It’s good to talk and share your fears and a problems - we have a laugh at ourselves too!

I felt like giving up mid January at the end of my FEC, I was at a real low point and threatened not to go onto taxol because I couldn’t see the good it’s doing, only the bad side effects. But bcn, chemo nurse, onc and friends talked me back round. I’m glad they did, so far the weekly regime had been much gentler.

Hope you come out of the fog and come and join us x