Her 2

Hi wondering if any one has had a her 2 result that has come back inconclusive 

mine has I have been told I can pay to have it sent to America to test

Hi neesy, my her2 test came back inconclusive and had to be sent for a further test called a FISH test, this came back negative. I’m surprised that you have been told you have to pay for further testing, I didn’t. Xx

Hello neesy
I read your post earlier and was very surprised that you were being asked to pay for this too?
It’s very important to get the right dx as treatment is different for her+ you get the option of herceptin. Her- …it will be chemo/ hormone .
Don’t give up and push for the correct result.
Xxx

Neesy have you queried this in the "ask the nurses section " or maybe ring the helpline .I think the test they are talking about you funding yourself that gets sent away to America is the Oncotype DX test which helps predict the likelihood of a re-occurrence and you have to meet certain criteria for that to be funded on NHS ,I don’t think that is related to HER status .You need to write your questions down and don’t leave til you feel you have got answers that make sense to you .Jill.

Don’t let them fob you off, get some proper answers ,if you can take someone with you to the appointment get them to ask questions too :xxx