Her2 and Tamoxifen?

I hope that some one can give a guide to their thoughts on this.
Her2 present. I can either do nothing. Have tamoxifen and radiotherapy or chemo with herceptin.
This has been difficult to start with right from the mammogram. Everyone thought that it was fine, biopsy said no, then results showed stage 2 with hormone present, and was told chemo now today I have been given the choice to decide which option.
I just wanted someone to make that decision for me, I know that the easy option.

Hi Queenbee

I am sorry you haven’t had any replies as yet, I am sure your fellow users will be along with support for you. In addition our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support so please feel free to call to talk your options through, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Here’s a link to the BCC treatments Information and further support pages which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

Sounds like you’ve caught the blighter early. That’s good news. If it was me

I’d hit it hard and hope it never darkens the door again.

I would have the lot and cover all bases! I don’t know why your surgeon or your onc doesn’t help you with this decision mine did, I went with what was recommended!

Hi

I would take every thing they can give you my oncologist set out a plan for me and yours should do the same for you Good luck xx

I saw my oncologist this week. Gave up on him with his choices.
I stuck with my consultant who diagnosed me and a breast care nurse. I felt it was right in the first place to go belt and braces. I don’t want this again.
Thank you everyone.

Good luck QueenBee. Brave choice but I’m sure you’ll be glad you’re taking the hard line approach in the long run.

Hi Debs I have to have the works too but chemo first. I have had 3 sessions. now. have to add heceptin masectomy and rads to follow .

Debs what hormone treatment are you having I don’t want to put on weight just lost over 3 stone with slimming world!

Hi got first chemo on this Wednesday. I have lost 2 and half stones with ww. I will be chemo. Herceptin radiotherapy and tamoxifen. I hope that i don’t put it back on. Best wishes