Her2 positve, chemo, tamoxifen, herceptin?

Hello

I found out today that my cancer type is Her2 positive and that after my op (on Mon) It will be expected that I have chemo then tamoxifen and herceptin. We dont know if its gone beyond the breast yet but I was told I would find out 2 weeks after my op when they test my lymph nodes.

Anyhow, I just wondered if anyone out there has had this same course of treatment lined up or was going through this at the moment there seems to be so many different types and combinations.

To hear any experiencies down this particular treatment route would be much appreciated at a very confusing time xx

Hello
Not quite the same but I had a lumpectomy followed by mastectomy and level three node clearance. This has been followed up with F.E.C. and Taxotere,then the Radiotherapy. Just started my Herceptin last month so the hospital visits will carry on for another 12 months.(10 months on from my first diagnosis)

Comfy clothes that open at the front especially pyjams are recommended for the hospital and take any advice you can from the physio that visit you on the ward and make sure you do your excercise as they instruct you.

As I’m sure you gathered by now from this forum your not alone even though we may go through different treatments. Suggest you try and make sure you have some one with to take everything in when you see Consultants etc. as I found I could not it take it all in. Write down any questions you have beforehand and don’t be scared of asking them however silly you may think it sounds as they have probably answered it before.
Keep checking back on the forum it’s an invaluable source of knowledge and all the best for Monday.
I’m off to our local Breast Cancer Support group tonight for a cup of tea and a chat.

Thanks Dottiediz for your advice (and ive been out and bought some new pjs now, button up the front). And I will start writing things down. xxx

Glad to have been of some help. One of the things we discussed at the support group last night was even though we all have had breast cancer how we all seem to have a different combination of treatments and how you sometimes think you’ve missed out on something. So it’s reasuring to have someone to ask, have you got a Breast Care Nurse at your hospital that you can either phone or visit. Has she mentioned that she will visit you on the ward some time after your op but before you get discharged?

Take each day as it comes and if you need to ask anything else or just vent how you feel just go ahead.

Let us know how you get on.

hi

Hi

My dx was pretty similar to yours, had masectmy and node clearance on june ioth was Her2 positive stage 3 with an small area of dcis, 1 out of 13 nodes infected.

Was put onto a regime of 8 course of chemo - 4 EC followed by 4 taxotere and a year of Herceptin.

Having had all my EC I am starting on Tax tomorrow and herceptin, although i am a bit confused by this as i thought i wasn;t going on herceptin until I was on my last chemo, Any way I have been really lucky as far as side effects go, just lack of energy for 4/5 days , metallic and lack of taste in mouth (no mouth ulcers) and the obvious loss of hair although not all of it even though i still shaved it off after 1st chemo, wore a hat for 1st couple of weeks ,but then I got used to it and don’t bother with anything on my head now unless it’s cold.But the best one NO SICKNESS thank god!! but the worst for me I think is the hot sweats they drive crazy, I have had them for a few years but chemo just sends them through the roof.
Any way that;s on ec but don’t know what to expect on tax it might hit me with a venceance having had it easy up to know.
But please do remeber everyone is different,and I really do hope that you are okay whatever they decide to give you.

Val