Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Herceptin & hair growth

4 REPLIES 4
leanne

Re: Herceptin & hair growth

Hi Aine,

I ditched the wig a month ago as I couldn't wait any longer and a week ago got a trim at the hairdressers to properly shape it round the back and sides so it's looking more like a normal hairdo now.  I don't like it myself but I've had lots of compliments (from people who don't know about the chemo) so I think it must look ok really!  I quite agree though, the hair is an unwelcome reminder. 

Leanne

Aine

I am one step behind Dawn....finished chemo in Jan and just had 7/15 Herceptin.

Hair has started to grow slowly and finely and finally!!

I am also very impatient and cant wait for it to grow normally.  It is starting to show around my hairline under my wig and I want to start dying it blonde (it is white omg).  I am afraid to cos it might fall out so I would like to know if there is a product I could use that would be easy on fine hair.

We cannot really put chemo behind us until our hair is acceptably long don't you think?

I am told that the next hurdle is wearing an itchy wig when our hair is an inch or two long but not long enough to ditch the wig.....

ITCH or DITCH?

(thats the English teacher in me showing off!!)

Aine x

OldDawn63

I am a bit behind you Leanne, finished chemo in December and not quite at the halfway point with Herceptin (will have 8/18 on Monday).

I have about an inch of hair as well. It started growing back while on Docetaxel and was slow at first, but since January it has been growing more quickly. I don't think Herceptin is slowing it down (time will tell) as it seems to be growing at a normal rate now.

leanne

That is good to know!  I am halfway through herceptin and finished chemo in November - I have only managed to get an inch on top so far and am so impatient!

Bibi44

Herceptin & hair growth

To anyone who is frustrated at how slowly their hair is regrowing. My hair grew back incredibly slowly after chemo finished & someone suggested the herceptin might be the cause,but no one really knew. I finished herceptin 6 months ago & I'm just popping back to confirm that my hair started growing really fast 4-5 months after herceptin finished. In fact if my roots between hair dyeing are anything to go by, maybe even slightly faster than before treatment (phew!) .... must be all those green smoothies. x