Herceptin and Diarrhoea

Hi,

I recently had my first heceptin injection on it’s own, subcut into my thigh. I always assumed that the diarrhoea I experienced was due to the chemo as I had my herceptin alongside my chemo. However, a few days after my first Herceptin on it’s own the diarrohea has returned. :smileysad:

Anyone else experienced this with Herceptin on it’s own? Is this like to continue for the duration of my course of Herceptin.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

H.x

Hi haz25a, 

I am really sorry to hear you are experiencing these side effects and I am sure any users who have had experience with Herceptin will be along soon. 

In the meantime you can always look at our page on Herceptinhere and call our helplineon 0808 800 6000 who can talk through your questions. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Hi H :slight_smile:

I have now had 13 herceptins 8 without chemo I have had a bit of diarreoea with all of them, it hasnt gotten any better or worse its usually around 5-6 days after my injection but by around 8 days after its OK again. It is one of the side effects from what my nurses told me I manage mine by diet primarily and just eat less fibre these days

Jen x