Herceptin and Highlights!!

Hi girls

I’m having my hair cut on friday and would really love it to be highlighted at the same time.
I know that chemo does strange things to hair colouring but what about herceptin…will it be ok?
Has anyone had it done?

Mo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mo,

I think you are advised to leave it so many weeks after chemo(but can’t remember how long). I have been on herceptin for many years now - no chemo and have my higlights/lolights done regularly.

Dawn

Thank you so much Dawn!
I just know it’ll feel lovely to look as if my short hair was an intended style!
FAB.
xxxxxxx

Hi Mo,
I was desperate to have highlights when I was still on Herceptin (and finished Chemo) as my hair had grown back a really dull colour with lots more grey than I remember.
I decided to ignore those who told me not to risk having anything done to my hair, and I opted for an ‘organic’ hair salon which opened not long ago in my local area.
To cut a long story, I am so pleased with the result. I feel brighter, more confident and my short hair looks funky rather than just ‘post-chemo’. It’s done wonders for me.
Anyway, I’m guessing you would have had your hair done by now. I hope you are very happy with the result!
Hugs,
KK x