Herceptin, are there drugs that stop it working at all

I had my first infusion of this last Thursday, and have also been given Xenical on perscription by my doctor to help me loose a bit of weight. I started them today, but am now wondering if they could effect the Herceptin and chemo drugs.

I phoned up boots pharmacy and they said there was no problem with the chemo, but nothing was mentioned about herceptin, so not sure what to do as my doctor agreed it would be good for me to shed a bit of weight hence giving them to me.

Does anyone know how I could find out for sure?

Thanks.

I would suggest that you contact your oncology dept or your bcn for advice. A local pharmacist should also be able to provide some information, bust best to come from oncologist.

Good luck with it all. J.

hi

Phone your chemo unit or your oncologist secretary. they might not know immediately, but they will get back to you with the answer. i was prescribed things a couple of times by my gp that my hosp team didnt think i should take.

Debx

I think your right, I will give the unit a call tomorrow. I have only taken one, so hope that wont make too much difference, but I wont take any more until I know for sure its ok.

Thanks girls xxx