Herceptin injection or drip

I have the choice of having my 3wekly herceptin for the the next year by drip or injection. Does anyone know if the impact is different or had experience of the injections. What are they like?

Hi, I have had 7 by injection after the first 3 given with chemo so 10 in all, 8 to go.

So far I have found the injections absolutely fine. I had a reddish lump on the site after number 4 but not since. Once I am seen its all done quickly too.

Hope that helps.

Hi KJ1 - I’ve had 4 IV herceptin when I was having chemo. Now chemo is over I’ve had the first injection which was absolutely fine - just a small stinging sensation directly after which quickly disappeared. Got the second one this coming Thursday. If given choice, I’d personally choose the injection.

Timewise - half hour for iv compared to 5 minute (maximum) for injection.

Good luck with your decision.

Hi everyone

I start my Herceptin next month and have decided to have it by IV drip rather than the injection. It’s good to hear people are doing well with the injection and I know it’s faster, but I just had a preference for the drip. I also have a PICC line in and will have it through that.

Rhona x