Herceptin side effetcs

Hi everyone, yesterday I received my results from my surgery and was told that not only was my tumour er+ but also her2+ so will now need to take herceptin when I start chemo. I’d like to hear different experiences from anyone who has taken it or is on it at the moment, thanks :relaxed:

Hi Cara0165, 

I am sure some of our supportive users will be along soon to share their experiences. While you are waiting for a response you may like to look at our information page on Herceptin here.

In the meantime if you would like to talk you can always call our helplineat 0808 800 6000 who will be able to help answer any questions you may have about side effects and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Monday and Wednesday 5pm-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm 

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Hi cara I finished a year’s worth of herceptin in January of this year I had it by injection every three weeks I had regular heart scans to monitor my left ventricle as herception can have an effect on part of your heart my results came back fine I had about four so they will keep an eye on you apart from that I seemed fine all the way through I was tired the weekend after my injection  which was on  a Thursday and I felt achy possibly like you feel when you have flu but it didn’t last very long the only other thing was my eyes they felt sore at times hope this helps if you want to chat you can send me a message anytime love judi