Herceptin

Hi. I am not using Herceptin, I use Zomets by infusion. Is Herceptin also given intravenously ?

Thanks for any reply…

Hi Lynn, I have zometa & herceptin by infusion but at the Marsden just recently they have been offering the subc herceptin. I think the nurse was a bit surprised when I said I did not want to change. I’ve been on it now for 10 years with no problems at all and I fear that with subcutaneous injections I would have a whole lot of problems that might happen. At the Marsden they are injecting into the tummy area (reckon there is lots of fat there LOL) but mine is very scarred and I have an intrathecal drug device under the skin on one side which is quite large. Then because of the mets in my lower spine both of my thighs are very sore and I get a lot of very uncomfortable sensations from the nerve damage so I think to inject there is a no-no for me. It is going to make a lot of difference to the nurses and the unit especially if they have patients on both zometa & herceptin going the injection route as we won’t need to occupy a seat for very long.

Dawn

xx