Here I am again.

I’m trying to find my way around here again as I haven’t been on in a long time. Almost 5 years since original dx and been told this week I have bone mets. I was not expecting it AT ALL. It was never coming back to me. I was so sure of that. Anyway here I am. Scared and so bloody angry at the unfairness of it all. This site was a massive help to me at original diagnosis but I’m a bit out of the swing of things right now. Any words of wisdom appreciated. Xx

Hi Doodles

I’m so sorry you’ve been diagnosed with bone mets. No wonder you were writing this at 1,40 in the morning. Most of us are convinced that it won’t come back again - I was. I know so many women who have been clear for decades.  It’s a devastating shock, but it’s not a death sentence; there is so much that can be done to keep your mets from getting worse. Once you have a treatment plan in place life will begin to settle down and become normal again. It will be a new ‘normal’ but there are lots of women here to help and support you. The ‘Bone mets - please join in’ thread is the place to visit. Meanwhile, many hugs B xx

Hello doodles
Welcome to the forum and I hope u will find some support here …we all think bc is like the flu …u get the treatment and its gone but for some of us unlucky ones it comes back to bite us in the bum …for me after eleven years !!
You can scream shout and rant to us here as we all have done that over the years …once you get to c the oncologist and get the right treatment plan in place u will have a focus .
Everyone is unique so oncologist will be planning the best plan for you .
Keep in touch and let us know how u r doing …we are real people here that understand.
Carolyn xxx

Good morning Doodles! I’m sorry you had to join us! We are a fun loving, good hearted bunch who all pulled the unlucky card! We have all screamed, cried and had major melt downs! I only wish in the very beginning of my secondary journey someone could have convinced me to not waste my previous time crying and worrying!  Like Carolyn I had a long time between my primary breast cancer and secondaries. I had a ten year span, when we found the little buggers camping out in my lungs!  I’ve been dealing with secondarily since Nov 2005. Try not to look at statistics, they will scare you and most of us do way better! 

Doodles, just wanted to say hello and welcome even though i wish you hadnt had to join us. Just wanted to echo what the others have said. There are lots of ladies who have been living with bone mets for ages so dont despair. Keep posting and asking for support…it really does help. xx