67.7K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again! Need someone to talk sense to me.

clk

Re: Here we go again! Need someone to talk sense to me.

I've been reading through this thread and really felt the urge to post and say what inspirational, lovely ladies you are! You put so many people's minds at ease even though some of you are going through such tough journeys yourselves.

I'm new to the site, just a week tomorrow since finding a lump and seeing the Dr the very next day. My breast clinic appointment is next Tuesday but ive already had a roller coaster of emotions.

I kinda did a self diagnosis and came up with the worst but from reading on here I see that's the norm! I then read about papillomas and settled myself thinking this could be what my lump is... now I flip flop between the two but what I have learnt here is that whatever the outcome I feel prepared as I know there's so many wonderful ladies here with sound advice and help.
Clare xxx
sylviah

Thanks Laura for your support and yes my thoughts exactly about this damn lodger, packed his case already for him....lol xx
sylviah

Thank you Mel. Surprisingly calm today, so that is good. Have to be at hospital for 7.00am. yikes is that a time of day...lol Thanks for your support Mel, hope your neck is not too painful today. Going to have a carb filled dinner and nice evening with hubbie, will be back soon xxx
pippadog

HI Sylviah

Big love and hugs for tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and bloody good riddance to the lodger lol.

Love

Laura

xx

pippadog

Hi all

Mel as everyones stated, you are wonderful. I hope your throat is feeling a little better and you are giving yourself some TLC.

Kate & Hotlips I've had a similar situation with my calcifications. After a mammogram in November some calcifications were picked up in my left breast. The radiologist said they were like grains of sand. Anyway, theres no lump. My bc consultant initially opted for a breast MRI, which came back clear. Then I was called for a mammo guided biopsy. Which again come back with normal breast tissue. Then they decided they wanted to do the biopsy again. However now they think they are benign and I've got to go back in July.

Its been a long hell like process of one person saying one thing and one person saying something else. I've also sent a letter of complaint to the trust, due to the way I've been treated, but thats a different story and I could go on all day lol. I can thoroughly understand your stress, the past three months have been hell. I've been on sleeping tablets (which I'm still taking), diazepam (which I've stopped taking) and my anti depressents have been increased.

I was going to get a second opinion, but as I am being monitored anyway, it seems they are keeping there eye on me. Also to be honest for my own sanity I need a break from all this stress. I've got a family history of bc as I lost my mom to it in 1985. I just need a bit a space from it to be honest, or I think I will go mad.

But obviously, if you feel a second opinion would put your mind at rest then I would go and get one. Your peace of mind is the most important thing. Something I have repeated on here many times, which helps me is thinking depression happens due to worries of the past and anxiety happens due to fear of the future, but try and think in the moment. I try not to think too far ahead.

The waiting is the worst part of all this. I think knowing one way or another at least gives you some focus of what you may or may not be dealing with. The waiting makes your whole world unstable as if its all whirling out of your control. I know its near impossible to do but try to focus on the now, amongst all the instability that seems to be going on around you. I probably talk alot of rubbish lol.

Anyway big hugs girls. We are all in this together. Again thankyou Mel, you are the fairy godmother.

Laura

xxx 

MelMc68

Sylvia,

Hi my lovely. I just wanted to wish you all the very best for tomorrow. Eviction day for the nasty lodger! I know you'll be just fine. I'm sure your mind will be running away with you today, so I won't ramble on. Take care, be as strong as you can be, and I'll look forward to hearing from you after the op, when you're ready. I know you'll have a huge sense of relief when said lodger has gone.

Take care my lovely Sylvia. xxxxxxxxxxx
MelMc68

Hi Katie and Hotlips,

I've had a read through the leaflet and would suggest you read it if you haven't already. It should help.

Katie, if you're in any doubt, definitely ask for a second opinion. The last thing anyone needs in these situations is to be left feeling unsure of anything.

Hotlips, waiting for results or further tests is truly the hardest part of this journey for all of us. Your life goes on hold and there's nothing you can do take control until you get your results.

One thing I will say to both of you is that when you have a conclusive answer, whatever that answer is, you will feel better, as you get some control back. Even if the news wasn't great (though I am not trying to indicate one way or another what news you'll get), you still get a sense of relief just by knowing exactly what you're dealing with.

In the meantime, whilst you're playing this awful waiting game, the forums here will always be there to help you when you need it. Also, don't worry about letting your emotions and feelings out. Because you're unsure, it doesn't mean that you won't worry, or get emotional. Don't bottle things up.

Lastly, for now, my advice to you would be to try as much as possible to keep your minds occupied with whatever you enjoy doing, or whatever you can submerge yourselves in. For me, that was lots of games, puzzles etc. I needed to keep my mind focused on something as much as I could. Take each day as it comes and set yourselves goals for that day. It just helps to get you through one day at a time.

Katie, I'm sure you're going to be fine, but get a second opinion if you feel it will help to put your mind at rest.

Hotlips, I know your first biopsy was inconclusive so you're having to wait for more tests, but having read the leaflet, I would try not to worry too much.

Take care both, if I can help any more, I'll do my best. I'm here if you need me. Mel. xxx
Lucy_BCC

Hi all
You may find this BCC information about calcifications helpful and please feel free to call our helpliners to talk through any queries or concerns on 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/breast-awareness/benign-breast-conditio...

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Hotlips50

Thanks Whatkatiedid and MelMc68 for speaking about calcifications....my first biopsy was inconclusive and am waiting on appointment for second one. Am kinda in limbo don't want to be over-reacting since I havent had any result so far that I should be worried about....I will phone hospital on Monday as our life is pretty much on hold just now until I've been back at clinic.
Whatkatiedid

Mel.. You have to keep contributing. You don't realise how much you help so many people. I haven't even met you BUT you have helped me so much in so many ways just from reading this forum. I am on my own so this forum is a godsend. Do not underestimate yourself Mel, to me you are an angel!xx
Katie
Whatkatiedid

Thank you Mel for your reassurance. You are so kind. I have no one else to confide in. You have reassured me but to to be on the safe side I will make an appointment with my GP . Thank you again for replying to my post xx
Katie
MelMc68

Katie,

I wanted to add that your post has made me want to carry on contributing. Wherever I can. I won't go mad, like I did, trying to help everyone! I'll try and help where can. I won't try to be a martyr. Just myself, doing my little bit. xxx
MelMc68

Hi Katie,

I'm going to be as honest as possible here... I think calcifications can turn cancerous, but if they've been checked and you've been told three years, there's nothing to worry about. If they were worried, you'd be in there. One thing I do know is that, because of recent history and litigation, the doctors will always be cautious. If there was the slightest chance of an issue, they wouldn't take that road. I'm sure you're ok Katie. I usually get a feeling in my bones. And my feeling for you is totally positive. And I've not been wrong so far... xxxx
Whatkatiedid

I think also what I want to know if diagnosed califactions can turn cancerous later?
Xxx
Whatkatiedid

Mel, you are a godsend.
I keep following this thread and notice how much you Mel reply to other lovely ladies needing support and I am so grateful for your reply. I don't know what to do really. Should I just carry on til,next three years or get a second opinion? I think I will book an appointment with my GP to clarify my diagnosis. Thank you Mel and my heart goes out to all who are waiting for results/appointment/tests. I have been there and know how it feels. The waiting for results is s..t Will book an appointment with My GP next week.
Katie xx

MelMc68

Hi whatkatiedid,

If you had tests done last October, and have been told you can wait three years, I wouldn't be too worried about anything. I'm not too familiar with your diagnosis, but I can say that both my breast showed calcifications, which were pretty much written off as nothing to worry about.

If I were you, I'd try to stay confident that the diagnosis is accurate and nothing to worry about. If that doesn't put your mind at rest, then ask for a second opinion. Wouldn't do any harm.

Hope this eases your mind a bit. Laura, who comes on here from time to time may know more.

Don't worry yourself too much. Love Mel. xxx
Whatkatiedid

Sorry if I have posted on wrong site but didn't know where else to post this. I had mammogram, ultrasound & core biopsies last October and was told I had contained representive microcalifications and I would be called back in 3 years but from reading other posts I feel I have something inside me that could change. I regular check my breasts but now feel perhaps I need to be checked before then. Please can someone reassure/explain what I should do next? Thank you but I am really worried. Xx
sylviah

butter now dripping down my chin.....lol xx
MelMc68

Oooooh, crumpets!! You're making me have a craving!! Get those lovely carbs down you Sylvia! No one's ever told me that before, and I've had loads of general anaesthetics!! Still, I love my carbs anyway! xxx
sylviah

Mel, not even going to try and guess about your neck, i am no medical person and have no wish to be, but I will be sympathetic to any pain anyone has, so hope its not bringing you down too much and you are better soon....as for calling you a silly cow, no I won't type that (but you don't know what I am thinking!!! (JOKE) lol)

Feel a bit better today, I guess all was a bit much yesterday and I was tired so that combination wasn't good.

Yes lodger will be evicted on Monday and come Tuesday (knowing me) I shall be a bit (not much) embarrased of how I was yesterday. Anyway nurses told me to eat lots of carbs this weekend as it helps with recovery from the anaestetic......heaven...... to lose weight I cut out carbs, so bring on the pasta, rice  and mega portions of roast potatoes......... starting shortly with crumpets for lunch.

xx

pippadog

Hi Mel

I can well understand you 'stepping away' from the forums. With all the support you have been giving to others, you have probably worn yourself down a little. Nows time for a little 'self' time. 

As for your glands it sounds like you may have some throat infection or possibly a bit of glandular fever. I know that your mind is racing and you're probably reading alot more into it, than is necessary. But you have been through a hugely emotional and physical life change and its bound to make you run down and more susceptible to infections etc. I know its the last thing you need at the moment.

About a year ago my hubby whos diabetic had a cough that seemed to go on for nearly a year. He had tons of anitbiotics, the gp sent him for chest xrays, blood tests you name it. My husbands never smoked and we were all fearing the worst. Also he could feel a lump in his throat. Anyway after about 18 months he went to see a private chest consultant and he told him there and then it was due to one of the drugs he was taking for his diabetes, ramipryl. Hubby had whats called a ramapryl cough, which is very common with the drugs he was on. So they've tood him off them and he's alot better.

When I was waiting for my results, my acid reflux went through the roof and I was completely convinced it was something to do with my calcifications.

I think the mind is the worst thing, it blows everything up out of proportion. Your doctor probably wants to check a whole range of things out from blood tests. Like I said possibly glandular fever (which is vile).

I know how hard it is to keep things in perspective when something like this is also going on in your life. But I'm sure the doctor will get to the bottom it, and its some horrible little bacteria/virus thingy.

Big hugs matey and drink some warm brandy for the sore throat lol.

Laura

xx 

MelMc68

Hi all,

Belinda, Laura, lovely to hear from you both. 😄

Trust me, I'm no fairy godmother by any stretch!! And to be completely honest, I've stayed off the forums for a while now, except for this thread. The truth is, I feel I need a break from it. I think I was trying too hard to support as many people as I could, but it was getting on top of me. It got to the point where I couldn't remember who was who in some cases! So, I'm perfectly capable of bottling out, or being selfish, or whatever you want to call it. I think the side effects don't help. It can be difficult to be supportive when you're not feeling great yourself.

Now Sylvia, here's my health moan that'll make you want to say "oh shut up you silly cow, it's nothing!!" For just over a week I've had extremely painful glands in my neck. Went to GP, but he's clueless as to what's causing it. No other symptoms. No toothache, or earache, or sore throat... Just this overwhelming pain in the glands on the right side.

The doc has given me antibiotics, but no change yet. Living on paracetamol. He did ask me if I was worried that it was linked to the cancer. I said "No. If it was swollen and painless, I might be concerned, but it's not swollen and is very painful, so I'm not". I think he was quite pleased that I wasn't connecting the two, but I did think afterwards, I wonder if HE thinks they're connected!!!

Anyway, if it's still there after I finish the prescription, he's going to refer me for blood tests, scans, whatever else he can think of... Today is the fourth day of seven for the pills, and no sign of any let up, though the pain is under control, but that's because I'm nipping it in the bud with pain killers!!

So, there's my moan out of the way! We all stay human and continue to moan and groan about 'stuff'!

Keep busy Sylvia. It'll be done and dusted before you know it. And let out your emotions, whatever they are. Just make sure that you keep telling yourself that you'll get through it and your lodger will be evicted forever!!

Love to all you lovely people. Mel. xxxxx
pippadog

Hi ladies

Just popped on to see how you all are.

Sylviah my thoughts and hugs are sent your way. I can't imagine what you're feeling, but with all the waiting and stress this caused me, I can imagine you will be relieved when the operation is over with. Once again Mel is the 'fairy godmother' of excellent advise.

As you are aware I've got to go back 1st July to see the consultant and also in April to see the cosmetic surgeon about my reconstruction. I sent my letter of complaint to the head of the trust and I've had a letter of acknowledgement to say they are looking into my comments. There are still niggling thoughts going on in the back of my mind about the calcifications, but to be honest, for my own sanity I've got to have some rest from my worries as its completely left me worn out.

I will be back posting occassionally, to add some support to those of us in the 'waiting roon'. I really don't know how I would have got through the last few months without you ladies on here. I've never met you all, but you all feel like family now.

Anyway, bigs hugs everyone. I will keep coming back to 'see' you all.

Lots of love

Laura

xx 

sylviah

Belinda Hi, 

Good to hear from you and good to see you are still on the forum. Even when my op and treatment is over, I intend to be on here from time to time, to see if I can help out others and there will be days when I need this forum too! It's like talking to close friends, even though we don't know each other and it also gives my hubbie a rest from me gabbing on. He is very supportive and the best, but we have "fallen" out over certain things and he is the last person I want to fall out with, I need him so much.......They say opposites attract and he is always "glass full" and I am "glass empty" with normal run of the mill stuff, this works really well, but with cancer it doesn't. Since this all started with me, I have found people on here inspirational  and it does help me to be stronger..sometimes I just read and not comment.Mel must be the strongest person I have ever come across and she chooses to share on here still....even though she has herself and her family to look after. 

xx

sylviah

Mel thank you so very much. I had another melt down last night and got the valium from the back of the cupboard and took one to calm me down ( the Gp had prescribed them before I got my results and since results day I haven't taken one) Anyway, instead of calming me down it knocked me out and I woke at 10 pm and went to bed...lol. I have just woken up. No aches , no pains, so come on Sylvia, it must be stress doing it!..... Also haven't had that churn of the stomach yet. Yes you are right about my screaming reason. Yesterday I seemed to bump into a lot of people that had "cough" headache" "cramp in their big toe" and were moaning and of course I gave them sympathy...I got none back, but why should I, they didn't know..... I know I will get aches and pains in the future, but at least after the op, because I KNOW the consultant is right, even if I think the worst, I can then quantify that as being normal (well eventually I will). What also happened yesterday is that an old school friend who I have only seen in passing for the last 30 odd years. (we were friends from 5 to 18 then she moved away) sent me a message, wishing me luck on Monday and that she was thinking of me (another friend has told her) she sent me a picture of when we were 15 on holiday together (my god I was skinny..lol) this was lovely of her, but it bought on the tears. We had been to visit our new bungalow as well again, so I think yesterday a lot happened and it all came to a head. Today and tomorrow I will be very busy, getting "the list" ready for hubby on Monday...lol. Roll on Monday evening, I know I will be feeling groggy, but I should also be feeling a lot better.

Once my op is over and I feel a bit better Mel, time for lump, fate and destiny......lol......like you if I can type 5000 words instead of 5, then that's really me....lol xxxx

Belinda165

Hi Sylvia and Mel

I just want to tell you that you guys are in my thoughts most days - not because you have BC or how you're surviving it but because you're such lovely , honest people , willing to share your feelings and fears - wish more people were like that 🙂 I've stayed in the waiting room to try and offer support to others in the hope I can do what you did for me it really was invaluable ! Big hugs xx
MelMc68

Hi Sylvia ,

I'll try and answer this bit by bit, but forgive the length!

Yes, there is only so much of a brave face. Jeez, we're going through cancer for God's sake! It's absolutely normal and healthy to go through a huge range of emotions from the depths of the lowest to really great!

I'm absolutely sure that any aches and pains are not related to the cancer. Trust me, I've been through EVERYTHING you've mentioned; maybe at different times and in a different context, but I know all your feelings!

I never went through any aches and pains leading up to my op, but I've had plenty since. You always think at the back of your mind that they're related in some way. One thing I will say is that most things to do with cancer in the early stages is are not painful. So, as you're in the early stages, I'm confident any aches and pains are purely down to state of mind and stress. Cancer only becomes painful when it's very advanced, for the most part.

I've no doubt that the consultant has told you he'll get rid of 100% of the cancer because he will!! He wouldn't give you false hope... I'm sure he wouldn't lead you up the garden path. He would never give you that figure if he were in any doubt.

I also know about wanting to scream at the top of your voice! I think our reasons may differ there. I don't know, but I imagine your screaming being "Why me, and why are you complaining about being ill when you've got a cold!! I have breast cancer, you b*****d"!!!!

My screaming has been more about "Why do this to my family? I have a ten year old who needs me!!" Sort of thing...

I could write a bloody book on the emotional roller coaster. I can absolutely tell you now one hundred percent that after the op, you wil get more aches, pains, concerns, symptoms etc. you'll look everything up to see if it could be related in any way, shape or form. You will, as long as you live, think about breast cancer every day of your life. But hopefully, you'll think about it as a survivor.

Like I said, an essay!! Don't get me onto how I found my lump, and fate, destiny etc! xxx

sylviah

Thank you Mel. Not a good day today, there's only so much brave face you can put on isn't there. Had a bit of a melt down earlier, I know its not long to go now, so hopefully my mind and body just playing nasy tricks on me I could do without....... I know deep down I am wrong, but because of the twinges aches etc, I keep thinking the cancer has spread, is that daft? I've had x-rays and blood tests on 3rd of Feb, they would have told me if they had found anything on them? Had pre -op assessement the other day and she checked in my notes and said there would be something in them if extra to what the consultant told me...............there was nothing extra. Its easy to tell other people that the aches etc are just stress, but not so easy to believe yourself. The nurse said the aches in lumpy breast was the core biopsy still healing, yes I stll have a faint bruise and that was mid January when I had that! I am just holding on to what the consultant said, which was he is 100% confident of getting rid, but then I am starting to doubt the 100%. Going to get an early night tonight and hopefully a good nights sleep, so I will have a better day tomorrow. So tired, but I am mentally drained as have been holding up a brave face for all of this week, when just sometimes I have felt like standing in the street and screaming...... Sorry Mel. didn't mean to moan, but will post tomorrow hopefully in a better frame of mind xx

MelMc68

Hi Sylvia,

Not long to wait now. Just wondered how you're holding up? Good I hope. I'll be thinking of you. I'll be in touch before you go in. xxx
sylviah

Mel, thank you again! I am sure (ish) that once I have had the op, I will feel differently inside my head anyway eventually. Deep down I know I just have to feel what I am feeling and get through it (manic depression many years ago taught me this :() I suppose I was a bit naive when first diagnosed to think Ok I can just function normally and soon it will be gone. Too tough on myself as my friends are always telling me. Thankfully we have the house move coming up, which is keeping me occupied. It has been delayed a week, so we are due to move on the 7th March, which is probably better than the original 4 days after the op....lol...

Going to dust myself down now, and have a good Sunday and if my mind wanders then so be it. If I wasn't worrying about all this, then I guess it would be about something else.

Roll on 24th Feb pm - op will be over and I can start to move forward.

Have a great Sunday

Sylvia

xx

MelMc68

Hi Sylvia,

I don't think there's anything unusual about the way you're feeling. All sorts of emotions will go on in your brain. Even now, there isn't a day goes by when I don't think about breast cancer. Even the good days, and thankfully, there are many of them.

I know what you mean about thinking that everyone knows. I'm the same, but I think my thoughts are more down to the fact I've only got one breast. I assume everyone can tell I'm wearing a prosthesis when I go anywhere. I'm constantly checking it hasn't moved!

It's odd that when you have BC, you feel absolutely normal, but afterwards you can feel ill. The nature of the beast I suppose. The silent predator. I'm lucky in the sense that my after treatment is very minimal. Just tamoxifen and the additional meds to try and tame the side effects.

It's funny, but people will always complain about colds and sore throats etc. And you will too, in time. Right now, I feel unwell myself and I think I've been moaning about it more than any of the stuff I went through with BC! You may find that any and every ache and pain you get, you'll somehow associate with the cancer, even though the chances are there's absolutely no connection. Now, I think everything is either related to the cancer, or related to the meds!! Just the mind working overtime.

Once we go through this, it'll never leave us completely. The cancer will go, but the process of dealing with it will always be there, at least, I suspect it will. For me, I have a constant reminder with the lack of my breast, so I guess that's part of why it's always in my mind.

I guess we just have to take each day as it comes. There will always be people complaining when they feel unwell. There will always be people who are much better off (health wise) than you are. And there will always be those that are in a much worse place. I don't think it's up to any of us to judge anyone else, because it's all part of nature and life.

My eldest daughter annoys me when she gets all stressed over a bloody exam result that she's waiting for!! But then, that's what is on her mind at the time. My son annoys me when he complains about his job. At least he has one. Everyone of us will always have something to complain about. Some, more than others.

I think best just to think about your own lot in life at the moment. Anger and bitterness with others won't make you feel better about yourself. It won't make the cancer disappear. Just accept these emotions as part of dealing with your 'lot'. Have a good cry when you need to. And let the anger go if you need to. Don't bottle anything up.

Take care my lovely. Not long to wait now, then you'll be on the road to recovery. It's a long and winding road, but we get there. xxxxx

sylviah

Have been keeping myself busy so not been on here for a while. Well only 13 days to go and my op will be over and done with.Amazing this is all coming round so quickly now, yet at first it was really dragging. I have experienced so many emotions over the past 5 weeks. My hubbie and friends have been my rocks. I suppose there are many stages you can go through of emotions and there is no manual for how you should be feeling, but sometimes I just wish I could switch the brain off just for a few minutes. I am angry at so many things, luckily I have contained the anger (just) and I think it has helped me through. I am confused though that I seem complacent about having BC and the attitude of "lets go on with it and get it done then" and yet the thought of the op and after is terrifying me.  I want to snap at people who moan about a sore throat, they don't know about me, but I just want to shake them and say wake up it isn't that bad you know....... I think I have become paranoid as I think everyone who I walk by in the street "knows", but they don't, why should they? I feel I should feel ill, but I don't (thankfully as that would be more worrying), but I feel as fit as a fiddle. Yet they tell me the treatment could make me feel ill. See what I mean, would be just nice to turn off the brain for a while. If anyone can shed some light on any of the ways I am feeling, I would be more than grateful..

xx

MelMc68

Hi Belinda,

Good to hear from you. I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you now... You're right; it does change your perspective on the importance of things in your life. You are now able to get in with yours and leave all this behind, but I'm glad we were able to help you through the dark times, even just a little bit.

Take care my lovely. Mel. xxx

Belinda165

Hi ladies , just checking in and thought I'd updat you on my first week back at work ! My team were walking on eggshells for the first hour - apparently one of em had said he was really worried about me before I left because I seemed completely out of it and couldn't string a sentence together ! Amazing how anxiety :stress affects you - must admit I felt like my world had stopped and I was just looking in . Anyhow it's brought into sharp focus how precious life and people are so something good has definitely come from the waiting room - including meeting you guys !! Lots of hugs and good luck with the bra hunting xxx
MelMc68

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the tip! There isn't one in Coventry, so I'll need to find whre my nearest one is, and then try and book an appointment when I can get there.

Hoping everyone's ok... the thread has gone quiet now! xxx

pippadog

Hi ladies

Well I went and had my boobs measured at bravissimo and I am officially small chested lol. I always thought I was 38b/c, but I am actually 34c/d. Talk about way out lol. I bought a couple of bras and hubby said its good to see me in a properly fitted bra. All these years I've been walking around with gaps in my cup lol. Granted I have lost quite a bit of weight recently, but its good to have a good fitted bra. I will tell the plastic surgeon in April that I only need a 34d and if he pushes it I will go for 34dd.

I hope you ladies have had nice weekends. Mel I asked the lady at bravissimo if they provided bras for ladies with prothesis, she said yes and they actually go up to a L cup. If they can't help you they can give you the details of somewhere that will. She said all you'd have to do is book a fitting appointment (which is no obligation) with them and they would help sort you out. She didn't even measure me. She said that they didn't use tape measures as that method was often wrong. So I'd give them a go. They were very good with me. 

Hope everyones okay lots of hugs.

Laura

xx

sylviah

Wow, that friend of yours IS an amazing lady. wish I had just a little bit of her courage x
pippadog

Hi Sylviah

Your friend sounds like me. Means well but always puts her foot in it lol.

My friend has the BRACC2 gene and Nov 2012, she had the full mastectomy and reconstruction using her tummy fat. She did amazingly well, considering she's a single parent  of two kids aged 3 and 4. She's had a date now for her ovaries and tubes to be removed. Amazingly, to me she's more worried about the menopausal effects after the op, than she ever was about her mastectomy. She keeps asking me about flushes, dryness, headaches and every symptom of the menopause. She seems genuinely worried about this. I said to her considering what she's had done already; menopausal symptoms will be easy. However, today she's told me she's put the date back as she's not ready to go ahead yet. Its strange that what worries one person doesn't worry another person and visa versa.    

I get into a state about everything, from if I've left the gas on to the extreme. I suppose we are all different lol.

Anyway I'm glad I didn't upset you, because I really didn't mean to.

Big hugs lovelies

Laura

xx 

sylviah

Hey Laura, I never took it the wrong way and don't apologise please. I am pleased with the date being sooner than later, although little old impatient me would like to  have it done right now.lol.

When I told a non cyber friend about the op date, she said that is really good news, and then she started to get all embarrassed at what she had said. I just told her to stop as she was diigging the original hole even deeper.....lol

Having had the proposed moving date of the 28th (not confirmed yet) me and hubbie looked at each other and said knowing how things are going at the moment, the op will be on the same day!!!! So 4 days before is great news really. Secretly hoping the move will be delayed to the first friday in March as another friend has offered to drive me the 70 miles to our new home,while her hubbie helds mine with the rermovals company. I love her to bits, but her driving is atrocious and scares the wotsit out of me......lol

xxxxx

pippadog

Hi ladies

Mel I'm glad you got the bra situation sorted out. Hope your meal out is lovely. Yes I am quite familiar with man flu. Us women have no idea how they cope do we lol.

Sylviah I do apologise about my stupid remark about being 'pleased' with your appointment date. Of course your not 'pleased' with anything to do with this process. Its all a bloody nightmare. I'm not the brightest of sparks and I don't express myself in writing very well. I was just acknowledging that your hospital appointment was at a time when you weren't moving house. I am sorry about the way I put it.

I like the idea of the towel with a hole in it for my dogs tail. Sounds like a good idea. Again today she decided she wanted to go swimming and was soaked as usual lol.  

Today I'm going to do a bit of cleaning and get things sorted for the weekend. Apart from bra shopping myself tomorrow, I haven't got much planned.

Speak to you all later.

Love

Laura

xx

sylviah

Glad your sorted bra wise..

Hope you 2 had a good lunch together.

I don't think looking forward to my op is the right way of putting it, but you know what I mean, perhaps I should just leave it as looking forward to the day after my op.

xx

MelMc68

Hi ladies,

Well, got my new prosthetic boob. And she let me keep the other one as a spare! So a bit more shapely now. 😃

Sylvia, the only bra on those sites that would fit is the ones I already have. There is one on Simply Ypurs that's a FF cup, which might work. I got a catalogue from the prosthesis lady with a couple of possibilities in, one of which comes in a choice of colour! I never thought I'd be able to wear a coloured bra ever again!!

So, will have a browse a bit later. Going out to a nice country pub with Ashleigh for lunch. Poor John has man flu, so is staying home.

Sylvia, glad you now have a date to work with. It'll come around before you know it.

Take care everyone. xxx
Belinda165

Thanks for all your messages ladies xxx
sylviah

Laura, I wish I didn't have to be pleased with any date ;( but the sooner the better as far as I am concerned and then I can get on with the rest of my life whatever it may bring. This "squatter" has taken up too much of my thoughts lately, so looking forward to knowing it is elsewhere! We used to have a white GSD, so know exactly what you mean about your dog. We brought a large bath sheet and cut a hole in one end, so that when we came in from a wet walk one of us would stand holding the hole so that his head went in and the rest of the towel was soon wrapped round his hairy bod.

Have a great evening

Sylvia xx

pippadog

Hi lovelies

Belinda - Yahoo, excellent news. Its all over. As Mel said get past this awful stage of your life and put it all behind you. I'm so pleased for you.

Sylviah - Sounds like you are pleased with the 24th. At least you know where you are and you can plan better. Hope the house move goes smoothly. I quite agree on the housework, I don't think I will ever be houseproud. Today my golden retriever decided she wanted to sit down in the dirtiest, muddiest puddle over the field. Her lovely cream bottom was completely black. Golden retrievers are beautiful dogs inside and out but they love to be the dirtiest and wettest dogs in the neighbourhood lol. 

Mel - Some good suggestions there from sylviah concerning the sites and getting your bras made. Have a good search on the net later. I hope you feel a bit better after having your hair done. It always makes me feel better. But hubby thinks I feel better everytime I spend money lol.

Now off to cook dinner for when his nibs returns.

Love

Laura

xx

sylviah

Yeah, that was a quick call back...op booked for the 24th, still a good date for me and a Monday too, so no extra weekdays to wait on. Come on the next 2 weeks please go quickly. 🙂

MelMc68

Hi Sylvia

Thanks for looking for me! I'm just going out to get my hair done, so will check them out when I get back. Thanks again my lovely. xxx
sylviah

Mel, www.simplyyours.co.uk - they have a range on here

sylviah

Oh bum!!!!! Just phoned and it hasn't been scheduled yet. But they are going to phone me as well as sending a letter, The 18th or 19th February would be really great for me, so start all your cyber "wishing for a certain date" thoughts for me.

sylviah

Laura, great you have the letter at last. This is good news for you. I think you should celebrate it with a no housework year....lol   oh heaven, all the little dusting fairies come over night and do it.....I wish.

Because I am impatient I am just about to phone the BC centre and white lie that my letter for my op appt hasn't arrived yet and could they tell me the date please? No way is this waiting period anywhere as bad as after the core biopsy, but I just want to know so I can then get on and plan my life before and after op. We are hopefully moving house soon and have a suggested completion date (not firm yet), but knowing my luck, the op will be for the same day....................lol 

xxx