cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi....Anyone from Gloucester?

792 REPLIES 792
Highlighted

Re: Hi....Anyone from Gloucester?

Such very sad news, thoughts with Debbies family and friends.
I think we all agree bloody cancer needs stamping out, we just don't seem to be making any progress in finding a cure for this awful disease. x

Highlighted

Hi everybody,
Just to let you all know debbie's funeral was very sad, but the crem was very full standing room only. so she had a good send off.
We have another meet up next Wed on 16th at the Longford Inn 7.30, when we will be having a toast to debbie. WE would welcome any new ladies that want to join us for a chat and a drink. I will meet anybody outside so you dont have to come on ur own.
And Happy New Year
xx

Highlighted

hi everybody, not been on here for a while, so hope everybdy doing ok with treatment and all had good xmas and new year.

I just wanted to let you know the busybee2161 has passed away on 28th dec after fighting secondaries for some time now. She was one of our Longford Ladies, and we shall miss her at our meetings, but she spent xmas with her family and is now out of pain.
This Boody cancer needs stamping out

Highlighted

Hi all.
Hope you have all enjoyed the Christmas Festivities and that you are feeling better Chris.
Well I have a new grandaughter, she is 2mths old now, Siennah Mae, mum only just made it to the hospital!!
I was offered a new job as housekeeper at a nursing home, but after completing the medical questionnaire the manager withdrew the offer, I fought my case and she re-offered it subject to OH clearence....that was in September....there has been endless e-mails, letters, phonecalls, the then manager is 'no longer in their employment'!....and it was only on the 17th December that I finally got a call from OH....this was after me persistently pushing.....they said they would pass information to their doctor, and rang me back that afternoon to say doctor had no concerns but was recommending manual handling training and to be allowed above average time off,......well I had a letter with a start date of 14th January....(even though they know I have to give 4 wks notice)....they addressed the manual handling training but not the other recommendation.....so the saga continues!!!
Well Happy New Year to you all.

Highlighted

Hi all, Hope everybody doing ok,
Our next meeet up is August 15th at Longford Inn, 7.30, all are welcome, please do come and join us.

We've been meeting up for 3yrs now, and found it very helpful to be able to discuss our problems with others in the same boat,
we are all at differant stages, so can talk about everything and anything, so please dont be shy, were there for each other
chris x

Highlighted

HI ALL
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL TO NIGHT,HOPE YOU ALL CAN MAKE IT ,AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WOULD LIKE TO COME ALONG .
TAKE CARE
MAUD XX

Highlighted

JUst to let everybody know our next meet up is this wednesday 11th July, at Longford Inn, all welcome

Highlighted

Our next meet up is 11th July, Longford Inn . all welcome, just leave a mesage xx
chris

Highlighted

Hi everybody, well took a while to find what i was looking for on here a bit complecated, i dont know how to save the disscusions like i use to, still never mind i'll get my head around it . Just to let everybody know our meet up is tonight at the longford, and we have a table booked , so looking forward to our night out x chris

Highlighted

Hi everybody,

Good night out with the Longford Ladies last night, nice to have a new member join us and hope we made her feel welcome and she got some helpfull information to help her on her journey.

Next meet up is 16th May, all are welcome.

chris xx

Highlighted

Thats fantastic news Chris x

Highlighted

Hi all
great news about mammogram chris .Realy looking forward to meeting up with everyone on wed,at longford .If anyone would like to come and need a lift please p.m.me i live in tuffley side of glos and i am happy to pick you up,If chris hadnt picked me up and took me before we had car ,I would not have meet all the fab ladies .

Take care
maud x

Highlighted

Hi evewrybody,

Next meet up is 25th April at Longford Inn 7.30, all are welcome

MY 3rd yr Mammogram all clear, so bring on 2012 x

chris x

Highlighted

Thanks to all the lovely Longford Ladies for the cards, pressy, flowers and good company!

Highlighted

Hi all,

Good night out on wed, had a good meal and a lovely chocolate fudge sundea.

HG, sorry you didnt make it, hope ur chemo not giving you trouble,
Our mext meet up is on 25th April, so if your well enough do join us.

Hope everybody doing ok,

chris xx

Highlighted

Hi HG ......
that would be gr8, do you want to meet outside so ur not comming in on ur own,

I'll wear my red jacket so you will know me, i'll wait outside at 7.30.
we call ourselves the Longford Ladies and we are having a meal as it is debbie's b'day,

If anybody want to come we have a few ladies from differant parts of glos, and would be willing to pick up. so if anybody want to come and lets us know what area you live, we could try and sort something out

chris xx

Highlighted

Hi i am living in glos just on my 2nd chemo but would like to come if thats ok. HG

Highlighted

Hi everybody,

Just got back from my holiday in domican republic, brill time had by all.

Our next meet up at the Longford Inn is this wed 28th march at 7.30
All are welcome, would be nice to see some new ladies.

Hope everybody enjoying this lovely weather.

chris xx

Highlighted

Hi there,

Anyone living in Worcester or the surrounding areas who has been through chemo and radio and now awaiting reconstruction? Be good to hear from you. x

Highlighted

Hi all,

Our meet up tonight if any new ladies want to join us.

Longford Inn, Tewkesbury Rd, 7.30.

hope everybody doing ok
chris x

Highlighted

Hi guys. Watch this space. I've got a few contacts in Stroud and Ciren who I know are in same boat as me, and have also met a couple of ladies from the forum, so feeling fine for mutual support at present. So lovely of you to offer to meet, and I will certainly bear in mind. In the meantime, I may try to get something started in Stroud.

Best wishes
Teresa x

Highlighted

Hi Teresa, I'm from Gloucester.
Chris, Longford inn is quite away from me I think as I have no car now me and my husband have seperated.Be nice meeting others though, Caley x

Highlighted

hi keep the faith,

thats ok, hope you can get one started, but if you wont to come to ours ur always welcome, we post the date every month, so if you wont to join next month your welcome.

If you wont to meet up in Gloucester town some time or at the pike and musket in tuffley, i'm sure i can get me and maud to meet you sometime.

Do you work, but I expect your off sick at the mo, and could meet up during the day. I live in Cheltenham, and retired so could meet during the day sometime, but up to how you feel, just let me know.
look forward to hearing from you x

chris xx

Highlighted

Thanks Chris - it would be quite a trek for me, so I will see how I feel later in Feb! Maybe I should look at starting one in the Stroud / Ciren area? Vespagirl, whereabouts are you?

Teresa x

Highlighted

hi, vespagirl and keepfaith,

Sorry you have had to join us, but all are welcome to our group, we call ourselves The Longford Ladies, as we meet up once a month at the longford inn on Tewkesbury rd, next meet up is 22nd feb at 7.30. we meet anybody new outside so as not to go in on ur own,

There are about 7 of us at present and all at differant stages, and are happy to talk about anything and everything,

If anybody wants to pm me I could give my mobile no to ring me

hope everybody keep healthy and happy
chrisx

Highlighted

Hi vespagirl and welcome to the BCC forums

I am posting our helpline details for you as our helpliners can offer you further support and information regarding setting up a support group if you need it, the lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 9-2 Sat on 0808 800 6000

Best wishes
Lucy

Highlighted

hi, i was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009, had mastectomy at grh and chemo and rad in chelt, had my recon 3wks ago at frenchay in bristol.Would anyone be interested in helping me start a support group in gloucester, i have never heard of one running in this area and is something i would like to do, if anyone is interested in helping or just wanting to meet others please let me know.

Highlighted

Hi ladies

I am in stroud and the next date suits but where is the longford inn? Not sure if a bit far for me!!
Teresa x

Highlighted

Hi all,

Sorry louise and maud couldn't come last night, you was both missed
but the Kitchen were out of action so we couldn't have anything to eat, I missed my choc fudge sundea.

Next meet up is 22nd Feb at Longford Inn at 7.30. hope everybody can join us, and any new ladies are welcome.

Please come along as we are a nice friendly bunch of ladies.
Hope everybody keeping spirit up x
chris xx

Highlighted

Hi all,
hope everyone is doing well,sorry ur joints are not good Karen ,you made the right choice about job then,my legs are realy painful in mornings they just dont wont to move.When grandchildren start to come here at 7.30a.m evan the 3yr old knows nannie is not good in morning ,but by 9.a.m. we go to mothers and toddlers in tuffley. had a lovely day with chris and mike sunday we all went to doniford to see our caravans where o.k .looking forword to next meet at longford .Would be great if anyone knew came along we have such a good night
take care all
Maud x

Highlighted

Hi,
No I didn't take job, probably just as well, as I have been suffering with my joints and back.

Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Highlighted

Hi all

Roy and I had great time away, first time away for new year would defo do it again ,hope you all had a good time .chris we would love to come and visit you in your new home give me a ring and we can sort out when .Karen have you decided about job offer?If you would like to meet for a chatI could meet you at the pike anytime, you have said that you go there sometimes as i do .
take care
maud. x

Highlighted

Hi All,
I will try and get to a meet, maybe february.

Happy New Year to everyone....I hope its also a healthy one for everyone too.

xx

Highlighted

HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY XX

Highlighted

Hi All,

Would love to see you Karen, we wont bite, we could alway meet one to one to start with, i'm always free.

Annie , were very sorry you couldn't make our meal. but was very good as usual.but glad you had a good xmas, and hope you have a good new yr.

Maud hope you have good time away, let me know when ur back and you can come visit us.

Next meet up is 25th Jan at Longford as usual, any new ladies all welcome.

Well here wishing you all a very HAPPY NEW YR.

just hope this sore throat and cough goes soon.

chris xx

Highlighted

Hi

Sorry I missed your Christmas meet-up. We had to visit Mikes Dad and didn't get back in time! Was a whirlwind few days in Gloucester but absolutely loved it! Hope the meal was as good as usual and just want to wish you all a very happy and healthy 2012. Love to you all Annie xx

Highlighted

hi hpoe you all had good christmas and wishing you and yours a good new year .Roy and are going away for a few days .kids free .
thank-you all for your support and friendship .

TAKE CARE MAUD

Highlighted

One day I might get there!!!...........I'll be honest now...I suffer from Social/General Anxiety disorder....which makes it very difficult for me to meet new people. But I will try xxx

Highlighted

We all had a good night out and lovely meal at the longford Inn

ALL HAVE A GOOD XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL XXX

Chris x

Highlighted

Hope you all had a good time last night.
Well i've finished work now til 3rd Jan.,.....was a hectic last few days...kids xmas party at work....left me exhausted lol.

Hope you all have a lovely christmas and a healthy New Year xxxx

Highlighted

went shopping with friend today, got back to her's and went flying up her steps, can hardly walk with bad hip now, banged my knee and graised my foot. but hey soon be xmas

see you all wed
chris xx

Highlighted

hi all
So good to hear from you chris can`t wait to hear all about you and mike`s cruise glad you have settled into your new home ,it will be great to catch-up with everyone great that Annie can make it. see you all wed.night

take care
maud x

Highlighted

Hi all,

Nice to hear from you maud, and brave enough to get back on here, hope alls well with you and looking forward to hearing all your news on wed.I havn't been on here for a while as no new ladies have joined us lately

Looking forward to seeing everybody else on wed as well, and glad to hear Annie will be back from Newcastle to join us for our meal.

Were all settled into our new park home, nice nd cosy, had a nice welcome from all the nieghbours.

cold and frosty outside, so a day in doors today,all xmas shopping finished and wrapped, see you all Wed

chris xxx

Highlighted

hi everyone,
thanks for telling me when xmas meal is Em REALY REALY looking forward to it,hope to see you all then. 2nd time on site aften 13mth im so pleased with myself ,all due to you smashing longford ladies as i was worried i would miss meeting up with you .
take care see you soon
maud x

Highlighted

Hi

Maud, it's Wednesday 21st for our Christmas meal at the Longford, 7:30pm I think. Look forwards to catching up with you.

xxx

Highlighted

Hi everyone ,lots of u will not know me as I havent been on site for about 14mths i would like to say special hallo to the fab longford ladies who have helped me throught some bad time which i am most thankful for .we always have a realy good laugh when we get together .sadly i cant remember date of next meet if someone could let me know that would be great. thinking of u all. take care
maud x

Highlighted

Hi

Reminder that we're meeting next wednesday 7:30pm at the Longford, Gloucester. All welcome new and old. PM me if you want to meet outside first.

Em x

Highlighted

Hi all.
I have been offered a job as a care assistant in a nursing home, I have no experience in this field as have worked as a nursery nurse for over 17yrs.

I am still considering the offer, my main concerns...

moving residents re lymphodema risk,
I suffer from social/general anxiety disorder.....can I actually go through with this!
I have poblems with my knees...will the position aggrevate this?
I did declare my medical conditions on medical form

Highlighted

Hi everyone.

Chris it is great you have finally moved.

I will be coming along on Wed.

Sorry I missed last couple of meets but was working away last month.

Jan

Highlighted

Hi everybody,
Well we've actual moved in now, at long last, and it's great, all boxes unpacked, so all sorted, very please with our new home.

Looking forward to seeing everybody at our meet up on wed, do hope you new lady come and meet us,

chris xx