Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Folks

9 REPLIES 9
alison42

Re: Hi Folks

Hi

Just thought i would let you know how i got on seen as you were all so good to reply to my origional post - thought it rude not too really :-))

well my lymph node is swollen and my cyst has become nodula ( what ever that means ) anyway my GP says not too worry and wait for my appointment next month she dosnt think i have dramatic changes but she did take some blood to check for increased white blood cells which she says will give me a quick answer to any underlying problems

I am happy with that so my mind is at ease

Many many thanks for allowing me to off load here it did make a difference - good luck to you all

god bless
alison

kscam

Good luck for tomorrow. It's definitely best to go to your GP to talk through things.

alison42

Hi

Many thanks for all your reassurances I am usually a very realistic and rational person but lumps do have an uncanny way of making me into a drama queen LOL

I am off to the GP tomorrow morning and I totally expect her to say just wait for the appointment I think its just psychological just to have someone feel the lump and say okay its there but its okay to wait - just need my mind settled so i can wait the few weeks in a more settled state of mind

Just thankful that this site has enabled me to say what i think and just to "talk" and to have a sensible rational response

"THANKYOU"

take care and god bless
Alison
XX

Lolag

Hi Alison

I know the waiting can be extremely difficult but I just wanted to reassure you that waiting a further 5 weeks would have no impact on your prognosis in the unlikely event that you have breast cancer.

The general rule of thumb is that periods of 3 months or less (from finding the lump to diagnosis) make no difference and this is for women who haven't previously had any scans. The fact that you had a clear mammo and ultrasound just over a year ago is even more reassuring as they can pick up tumours that can't yet be felt. I have my next three month check also in five weeks and, even though I have three tiny lumps and have had breast cancer, I'm happy to wait to see my consultant.

If you can bear it I would go with what the bc nurse says and trust your consultant. And don't feel embarrassed about having contacted her. It's not that she wouldn't have wanted to help; it's just that she is not allowed to. Her job is to deal with the physical and emotional fallout of a breast cancer diagnosis and she is only permitted to re-refer ladies who fit into this category. It is a real shame they can't have someone for patients like you but I guess it all comes down to money!

Good luck and let us know how things turn out.

Lola x

rareybird

Hi Alison
Not good that you came away feeling foolish, but there is something reassuring in that she wasn't interested - try to take heart from that and of course see your GP
Do hope all goes well
Sarah
XXX

alison42

Hi

Thanks for your replies - I did ring the BC nurse last week but was told to put my trust in the consultant and wait, she could not help as she was really there for ladies with DX problems - felt a right !?! ( boob)

anyway decided to stop worring about it and made an app with my GP for next wed am, so at least i will be able to off load my worries to her she is really nice and does not muck about so if you thinks its okay to wait i will just settle myself

thanks again its helped just coming on here and telling the world my thoughts LOL

take care and good luck
XX

quisie

Hi Alison
I agree with the other ladies - 5 weeks is a long time to be sat worrying when a call to the clinic or a visit to your GP could settle things.
Keep in touch.

llynnt

Hi Alison

I would suggest going back to your GP or contacting the BCN as the hospital if you have access to her? I know everyone comes on here looking for that easy answer, but we just don't have the answers?

I really hope it turns out to be nothing, do let us know how you get on.

Lynn x

rareybird

Hi Alison
No idea at all about your symptoms (sounds horrible though), but suggest that you contact the clinic and ask to speak to a nurse about your concerns. Better to do that and be reassured rather than to go through the agony of waiting.
I do hope all turns out fine - remember that most lumps and bumps are nothing to worry about.
Sarah
XXX

alison42

Hi Folks

Been here before I have multiple cysts which have been a right pain for a couple of years come on here about may 2006 as i got referred for a lump have the usual mammogram and ultrasound which showed the cysts ( no FNA ) - was discharged

anyway here i am again with pretty much the same thing only the other boob - I got a bad bout of mastitis in July which went away with antibiotics but after 4 weeks i was still left with a lump just above my nipple and a squashy lump in my armpit so off i went to the GP got referred and was seen within 4 working days the clinic was fantastic ( best one Ive been too ( been to three in the past year to get cysts checked out i move about my hubby in army ) another mammogram and ultrasound ( no FNA ) showed --- yes you've guessed it another cyst BUT this time i was given a 3 month check up app which will be 21st Nov i was quite impressed

the problem is or rather I would like your opinion - is my squashy lump ( which i described as a slightly melted cube of jelly ) deep in my armpit has turned into a deep defined lump which does not hurt when i feel it but my armpit aches and sometimes stings ( i still have my boob lump and more to boot ) its been there since July now and surely it should have gone down if it was connected to the mastitis or can infection hang around for months on end I am sure i still have something going on I am so very tired and often have to fight to stay awake at work

rather long winded I apologise but these things are never simple are they do you think i should report my changes or just wait the 5 weeks till i next go to the clinic
sorry to all you ladies who have the same wait and know nothing I know from when i first went last year the waiting is soooo bad at least i know what i am dealing with to an extent

here is wishing you all the best of luck
Alison