Hi, I've just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Hi, I’ve just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Hi, I’ve just been diagnosed with Breast Cancer Hi

My name is Debbie and I’m 39 and have a daughter aged 6, I went to the hospital to have an abscess drained or so I thought but it turns out its not an abscess its inflammatory breast cancer, I have in it my left breast and in one of my lymph nodes, I really can’t believe this is happening, I lost my mum 5 years ago from breast cancer she died within 18mths of diagnosis. I don’t have the same kind of cancer she has, but still all I can think about is how quickly she died. I go to see the oncologist tomorrow and will be having a cone biopsy and maybe scans to check the rest of me.

I’m sooo scared of not seeing my daughter grow up and people are telling me to think positively but I’m finding that rather difficult at the moment.

Anyway that’s enough from me.

Debbie
x

Oh Debra, I am sorry you had to join our club. You will be in shock for a while. Things will get a bit easier when you have a trreatment plan. Sorry about your mum, keep in mind that 5 years is a good while in cancer treatment and there are some effective treatments out there. Will be thinking of you Eileen

Good Luck Debbie - so very sorry to hear your news and hope the tests go smoothly. If its any encourgement I had BC 17 years ago and it only returned last month, have had lump removed and am on medication for next 5 years. There is life after cancer and you have to live it to the full. Do let us know how things go - this is a wonderful forum and you will find you are not alone. I send you a big hug.

hiya Hi Debbie…sorry youve had to join us…but youve come to the right place. Easier said than done with the experience youve had with your mum…but try not to think the worst. The more positive you think…thats half the battle won…i know that sounds cliched…but it is true. Im 30 and was dx in december 06…they thought my lumps were friendly…but ooo how my body lied to them. I have two young children aged 8 and 3. As far as im concerned I AM going to see them grow up, get married (if hubby ever allows them to have boyfriends), have children of their own and most importantly I fully intend to be having wheelchair races up and down the corridors in an OAPs home somewhere.
The treatment that you will have, although at times is harsh, it is dooable and you will get through this…and we are with you every step of the way. So if you cant sleep, want to rant and rave or are upset…just download all your thoughts and feelings on here…there is always somebody around to get back to you.
Chin up chick…its a long road…but a dooable road

must be an awful shock for you but at least its been found so thats a plus and as has been said things are moving very quickly in the treatment of breast cancer.Yesterday was 3 yrs since my mastectomy and plan to be around a while yet .take care of yourself sharon x

Hi Debbie, so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, it is S**T. You must be in a horrible place just now & I know you must be thinking of your mum as well. You have came to the right place for support, there will always be someone to air your worries with. Like you I have a young child ( my son was 1 at diagnosis) and on a down day I worry about not seeing him grow up but on the good days and I am more than 2 yrs down the line now (so there are certainly more good days than bad now) I think to myself so many women survive this disease and I aim to be one of them.

This is such a horrid time what with scans and biopsies etc, you cannot help your mind running away and thinking the worse case scenarios, this is perfectly natural.

One of my pet hates is the “think positive” brigade arrggghhhhh if I had a pound for everyone who said that to me, I would be a rich girl !! I think people say that because they dont know what else to say but I know how hard it is when people keep saying this to you, please just concentrate on yourself and getting through this next period.

take care of yourself

Lorri xx

Think Positive Brigade Couldn’t agress more on your pet hate.

I went to a do last night with my previous company where they
have just found out my dx and after three hours of you’ll be fine
think positive I ended up leaving in floods of tears.

Do these people not realise I am trying to positive I do not
need to be preached at.

For Debcat Hi Debbie

I am sorry to read of your recent diagnosis. I am sure you will continue to receive helpful support from the other forum users, in addition you are welcome to contact our freephone helpline on 0808 800 6000 where you are able to talk to someone in confidence about how you are feeling at the moment and any concerns you may have during this difficult period . The line is open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturdays 9am - 2pm

Breast Cancer Care have recently published a Resources Pack which you may find helpful to read, it is filled with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. You can download it from the following link or you can ask for a copy to be sent to you via the helpline:

breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

Kind Regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care