Hi/New Member

My main reason for joining the forum is to get feedback about lack of hair regrowth.  I’m over 2 years from my last chemo treatment with very little hair.  My oncologist promised it would grow back, but it’s very thin on top; a little longer on the sides.  My husband has shaved my head a couple times to try to encourage regrowth without much success.  I’m using NuHair Serum and Biotin conditioner.  I’m thinking the Femara is probably suppressing hair growth.  Still wearing a wig every day; have a couple spares received as a donation from a Cancer Center.  Just wondering it anyone else is experiencing this problem.

Hi survivorpi

Here’s the link to an area of these forums where another user is having hair regrowth problems.

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Recovering-from-treatment/Hair-regrowth/m-p/788178#U788178

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

I had my last chemo treatments today, my hair all fell out , I am praying it grows back, but I have always had thin wispy hair that snaps easily I too wear wigs and bandanas I was wandering about shampoos and conditioners , what promotes hair growth

Hi Karen and welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure you will find lots of support

In addition, our helpliners are on hand weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000 with practical and emotional support so please feel free to call to talk any concerns or queries through

Here’s the hair loss information and support from BCC which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/talks-courses-local-support/hair-loss-advisory-service

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/breast-cancer-hair-loss-bcc54

Take care

Lucy BCC