Hi all

Hi to everyone on here. I have just signed into this site. I was diagnosed in April and have had surgery (lumpectomy) and now on Tamoxifen and start radiotherapy in 2 weeks. I have been very positive throughout, but am really feeling rubbish since been on Tamoxifen. Awful neck ache and tingly head and neck! Just rang nurse and she suggests taking 10mg morning and night, rather thatn 20mg at night. She also suggested I sign up on here to find out if others have experienced this tingly head and neck problem??
Thankyou for amy info/help you can give, and I look forward to chatting on here xxx

Hi Gaynor

Welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure your fellow suers will be along shortly with support and advice for you, please also feel free to call our helpliners to talk through any concerns you may have on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

I am posting a link to the BCC ‘Treatments’ page where you will find practical informaition and lots more support ideas from BCC:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment?utm\_source=Homepage&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=treatment

Take care

Lucy

Hi Lucy I registered some time ago and gave up as I could not seem to join current discussions they were all old 2006/2007. I am just about to get my third Chemo, and thought I would try again, been into chat but all old posts any ideas. Lynn x

Sorry not had your symptoms but you may find after a while it will settle down. I had lots of hot flushes to start with and then they went away. Also take it just before bed so hopefully I will sleep through the possible side effects. So far 18 months on I seem to be ok even though I am not really comfortable about taking the drug. try what is suggested to see if it makes any difference.

Hi Lynn, don’t know why you can only find old posts. If you click on “undergoing treatment:chemotherapy” down the left hand side of this page you will find a thread called June Jewels, these are ladies who have just started chemo this month, I’ m sure you’ll be made most welcome there.
Best wishes, Pat.

Hi LNM,

I don’t know if you are having the same problem I sometimes have with the forums. Sometimes the older archived stuff appears at the top and I have to scroll right down to find the recent stuff. Look for Latest posts, that is at the top of the newer stuff. Everything below that are recent posts and threads.

PG xx