cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone

4 REPLIES 4
SJB

Re: Hi everyone

Wow, sounds like you've had a lot to come to terms with on your own.

Hopefully there are some others here in a similar boat who can relate to what you're going through. You sound so strong, I hope you are coping.

I'm currently going through chemo for BC, and will need a mastectomy, radiotherapy and reconstruction surgery afterwards, which maps my life out into 2015! Quite different to your situation, but keeps me planted here for quite a while. I have found this forum to be so helpful. I hope it can be for you too. x

Joodymoody

Hi Siobhan
Welcome to the forum . I'm a newbie too so we have that in common.
This disease is awful and life changing for all of us, but for you to go through it at such a young age, I can't even imagine what you have been through.
I'm only recently diagnosed with IDC so I've got a long road ahead of me.
Is your treatment finished now ? I hope you can now look forward to a long and healthy future.
Love and hugs Judy x
harleygirl83

thankyou 🙂 will have a look at the thread xxx
Lucy_BCC

Hi harleygirl and welcome to the BCC forums

Please feel free to call our helpliners for further support, our team are on hand weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2 with practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000

You may find some of the other services from BCC helpful too :

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services

There is a BRCA 1 thread running which you may wish to join to share support here:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Younger-women-and-families/BRCA-gene/m-p/796578#U796578

Take care
Lucy BCC

harleygirl83

Hi everyone

Hi there I'm new here, I had a bilateral mastectomy with diep reconstruction in July of 2013 when I was 29 after finding out I had the brca1 gene and having some suspicious lumps on both breasts.
I think I've been in a total daze since then as I have a 3yr old child and my husband is merchant navy so hasn't been home for longer than a few weeks during the whole process. It's just dawning on me what has happened. Luckily I don't need any further treatment right now but I haven't got any nipples and my scarring is very extensive and messy.
I suppose I just want a bit of reassurance and support, I don't feel any of my friends understand what's happened/happening and I don't have my own mum to talk to as breast cancer took her from us 2 years ago.
Sorry for the rambling first post
Siobhan xxx