cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi from Cambridgeshire

4 REPLIES 4
jhanchi

Re: Hi from Cambridgeshire

if you ask questions on here they will help they have helped me I'm in cambridgeshire to
SJB

Hello Butterfly.

You have come to the right place as everyone here is in the same boat as you, and we all help to support each other.

I was diagnosed in December and have already had 2 sessions of chemo. I face a mastectomy, then radiotherapy, then reconstruction surgery afterwards, taking me into next year.

The chemo really does knock you off your feet for a few days, although the severity of side effects varies a lot from person to person. If you don't have family and friends to reach out to for support at home, I would strongly suggest that you contact Macmillan as they will happily send someone out to help you at home. Don't be too proud to do this - that is what they are there for.

If you would like a greater insight into what to expect from the chemo, feel free to send me a private message. I would be very happy to help you through this. Also, once you have a start date for your chemo, I suggest you go to the "Going through treatment" section of the forum, and into the "Monthly chemo" section and join in with the thread related to that month. Each month all newcomers to chemo link up together to support each other through it. I am a December Angel.

I won't deny it's going to be tough, but you can do it, if you seek the help you need. Stick with this forum as well, as between us, we are a wealth of information and advice.

butterfly22

Thank you, everything is moving so quickly and seeing so many different people that its hard to actually catch ones breath
Sam_BCC

Hi butterfly22

Firstly, welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find it a great source of information and support.

I'm sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few days and weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things and getting to grips with your treatment plans, etc.

Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their support and experiences you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early...

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They're on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

butterfly22

Hi from Cambridgeshire

HI

A bit about myself, Im 54, married two 20 year olds and TA in special school but I have ME as well. On Monday I had mammogram, ultrasound and biopsies after they had found 4 lumps( I had only found 1 but it was more missshape than lump) 2 in braest and 2 underarm. The worst bit was waiting for results which I received yesterday..two areas are cancerous so am down for chemo, surgery and radiotherapy. I see the oncologist Monday. Due to my ME the biopsies Monday laid me out Wed and Thurs so side effects of tiredness might be interesting. I dont have large family or large circle of friends ( Im not social type of person) but realise will need support outside of family for all the stupid little worries/questions that will turn up.