Hi from North Lanarkshire

Hey…ave just turned 50 and all of a sudden your life flashes in front of you.  Mammogram was done on 5 December. Biopsy booked for 16 January…8 days after my Dad died. So January 2014 not been a good start to my year. Attended hospital on 31 January. This appointment was booked in 6 weeks ago for a check up (for the swelling I had on bottom of breast). I was discharged on Friday for this. They are pleased with it. However my biopsy was inconclusive…not too sure what this means.   A letter is awaited and possible further tests. I should have asked more questions but I was just relieved it wasnt bad news.

Love reading all you lovely ladies’ experiences and at the moment as I am in limbo the forum is helping me cope.  Thanks for that.

Linda (Hotlips50)

Hi Linda,

First of all, I’m so sorry to hear of you dad’s death, and all this on top. Although I’m glad you didn’t get bad news, what happens next? I hope you don’t have to wait too long for the letter and hope it brings good news. If you have to go back, I should go armed with a long list of questions and if you can, take a friend with you. Until then, I’m sending you big hugs and best wishes.

poemsgalore xx

Hi Linda,

I am so glad you have not been given the awful diagnosis.  Inconclusive results are quite common due to inadequate sample of cells.  It happened to me, it meant that the needle test had to be done again (which hurt)

I am sorry to hear about your loss.  What a difficult time you are having.  I can so relate to the stress you are going through.  I am also Scottish, and had treatment in Dundee,  although I live in Manchester!

Take care of yourself,

Love,

Louise x