Hi, new here!

Hi, I’ve been lurking around for a few days now so thought I’d post my story on here.

I’m 34 and mum to two children. I have breast implants and have recently been back to the doctors regarding a lump, although squidgy not hard, on my left breast. I did see the doctor a year and a half ago about this lump and she said I have lumpy breasts! However, I have since found out about two people I know that have been diagnosed with BC. One of them is my neighbour who went for a routine well woman check only to be told she has BC!, so I’m not prepared to leave anything to chance.

The weird thing is that I can really only feel this lump when I have my bra on! I’m just praying it’s my implant puckering up that I can feel, but thought I should get it checked out to be sure. I went to the docs last Monday and the doc examined me and felt the lump but said she thinks it’s nothing, especially as I saw a doc a year and a half ago and it hasn’t changed in size since. I have no pain with it but I can feel that it’s there.

I have an appt on Wednesday at the breast clinic so hopefully will get some answers then.

Thanks for reading xx

Good luck on Wednesday.

Horrible place to be, quite right to keep pursuing it tho.

Eleanor xx

Hi Swifty and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support you have here our helpliners are on hand with further support and information on 0808 800 6000, lines open during the week 9-5 and on Saturdays 9-2

I am posting a link to the BCC ‘Worried’ web page where you will find a publication about being referred to the breast clinic which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/worried

Best wishes
Lucy

Hi Swifty,

Well done you did the right thing and it will put your mind at rest. Good luck for Wednesday you will get lots of support and wise words on here, keep in touch and let us know how you got on. My appointment is tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Take care
Foxy x

Hi Swifty

The folk on here are great and have helped me tremendously… l wish you lots of luck onb Wednesday

take it easy
PCAZ

Squidgy, hard, big, small - b****y lumps!

They all scare the hell out of us!

I would be reassured if i couldn’t feel it without a bra on, but hopefully the breast clinic will put your mind at rest.

Good luck

Honeypot xx