Hi new to this..

I went to my Doctors on the 16th Dec Breast Clinic on 31st…7th Jan surgeon,diagnosed with breast cancer.Tumor 6cm with nodes involvement. MRI ,Bone Scan, Ct scan back to oncologist on 7Feb chemo first, then surgery…start in a couple of days…BCN said ring on 14th might have a date, could be end of month!
Please can someone tell me this ok to wait this long…My family are frantic…as am I now. Thanks

It probably won’t be as long as that, but don’t worry. They will literally fit you in as quickly as possible.

I was diagnosed in December, and have a 5cm tumour with infected lymph nodes. I am now half way through my chemo, and face a mastectomy in the summer, followed by radiotherapy in the autumn, then reconstruction surgery next year. probably much the same as you.

As soon as you get a start date, join the appropriate monthly chemo thread, as you will find it an absolute Godsend to share your experiences with a group of women going through it all at the same time as you.

Also, check ther Treatment section, and tread the thread about what you need to face chemo, and get yourself stocked up.

Anything else you need to ask, fire away. We’re all going through it, so we can all answer your questions. Good luck, and hang in there. They’ll sort you out! x

Hi rose I was diagnosed bc 17 th may and started chemo 9 th August , had surgery in June but the time your waiting is normal, it’s just the waiting that’s awful. I hope you get some reassurance and comfort from this forum it was a lifesaver for me. Take care and I hope all goes well Hun xx ju