Hi - off to my first clinic appointment tomorrow

Whilst in the bath 2 weeks ago I found a hard, painless lump in my left boob. I’ve discovered I can only feel it whilst laid down so have no idea how long it’s been there and it’s close to my chest wall. I grow lipomas (fatty benign tumours) as a pastime but this doesn’t feel like that and my GP agreed - she referred me to the breast clinic and my appointment is tomorrow.

I’m usually the very worst for Dr. Googling and assuming I have something awful and by now have told everyone and his dog lol. For whatever reason I have hardly told anyone and trying to be positive and telling myself it’s more than likely to be fine :slight_smile: Although I know it will more than likely to be ok, I am still very nervous about what to expect! Please send me some ‘be brave’ vibes xx

Hi Marmalou

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site, who will give you the ‘be brave’ help you want.

While you are waiting for replies our helpline team are just a free phone call away for you to talk to if you need them.  They’re here to support you through this.  0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi, just wanted to send you some positive vibes for your appointment. I had mine 12 days ago and ending up having various mammograms, ultrasounds and biopsies. Came out a bit blown away by it all as thought it would be dismissed as just a cyst. Im finding the wait for results really hard but there is always someone in here ready to listen to our panics. Keep strong, lots of hugs xx