Hi there everyone, another new one

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

Re: Hi there everyone, another new one

Hi sminty, good luck with thurs , big hug. We will get through this! X
Highlighted

Hi Sminty,

Welcome to the forum where I'm sure you will find a lot of support from fellow members.  When you know the month you are due to start chemotherapy  you might find it helpful to join the relevant thread.  (See Going through treatment/ chemo monthly threads).

It might also help to talk things over with one of our Helpliners.  They can offer you practical information and emotional support.  Opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Highlighted

Hi there you have, some similarities with me. I had lumpectomy & SNB on 20th Aug, coped well & was recovering well until I got the results which were a grade 3 tumour & spread to lymph nodes. Just gutted! Scared to look too closely at diagnosis. Had a mastectomy on 12 th Sept & node clearance. Going for more results this Thursday. Suffering already with seroma ( fluid around the site of the wound). Resigned to chemo & radio over the next 6 months. It is hard to think @ anything else. Diversions are great. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed and I know I must stay positive, but it is very hard. Family & friends have been great so far, but I feel such a burden to them. Oh dear sorry @ the sob story.
Highlighted

I'm absolutely determined to get through this, but I don't think any of us can deny that we are scared, have been scared, continue to be scared. I know I'm in the scared section right now. All sorts of things continue to go through my mind and as I said before I can't get off the "what if" page. I like to think I will cope with whatever gets thrown at me, let's face it we don't have a lot of choice really do we? Anyway just under 3 days to wait now so fingers crossed. Keeping occupied helps too and I have just spent a wonderful day with my family and the dog at a classic car show. Weather could have been better but the company was fantastic and we have had plenty of laughs which really helps to keep the spirits up. Just need to find something entertaining for Monday and Tuesday now! pas.the.boss x
Highlighted

The waiting is the worse it just seems never ending. Was dreading being told to have a CT scan which only happened after my first meeting with onc and then waiting for the results of that which was only last week. Was convinced it had gone to my chest after having heavy chest and cough for 2 months but when given the all clear was such a relief. The forum is great for support and even if you dont post just to read other peoples comments is reassuring. When faced with the situation we are all in you will find that we do all cope and are strong none of us ever think this would have happened to us but we all manage to get through. x
Highlighted

Hi Kaz1961, I have a positive outlook but I have no doubt the diazapam is stopping me falling apart. I am determined to get through this and just want to get started on my treatment. I can't stand all the waiting around. So far my GP, Consultant, radiographers, nurses and Macmillan nurses have been wonderful. Hope the oncologist is just as wonderful when I meet him on Wednesday. It goes without saying the support I have had so far on the form has been fantastic. I hope I can be as supportive to others. Good luck with everything and thanks for sharing your experiences with me. pas.the.boss x
Highlighted

Hi pas.the.boss, diazapam that was me two months ago. Remember the day of my biospsies and I fell apart and the day after being a saturday had to go to the out of hours doctors to get a prescription. I had taken to my bed and my world fell apart. You will get stronger and through this. From the time it was confirmed that it was bc I told the consultant straight away that I wanted a mascetomy and wanted rid of this in my body. Lots of ups and downs but had my mx on 8 July even had to have a second op as had haematoma 10 days later but sit here waiting for my chemo to start on tuesday feeling positive and going to beat this. Have triple negative and have had many down days starting from my first appointment with the Onc who was very brutal with her approach but after seeing top man am determined to beat this and stay healthly positive and strong after all the "gold star" chemo I will receive. You are not alone there are many of us out there and we are all determined to do our best and beat this. x
Highlighted

Hi Maggie, it's the wait for the scan results I'm finding stressful. I can't seem to get off the "what if"page. Once I know exactly what I'm dealing with things may settle down a bit. But as I have said, I'm keeping positive. Have to so the family stay strong. Don't need them falling apart!
Best wishes and thanks for your support. pas.the.boss x
Highlighted

Hello Mahsa, it's helpful to hear from someone on what could be the same path as me. Hopefully we'll bump along together and get through this. Like you I'll keep reading the postings, especially the treatment section where no doubt I will find myself soon. Keep in touch and take care. pas.the.boss. x
Highlighted

Hi pas.the.boss

Sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with breast cancer. Unfortunately, there'll probably be more waiting ahead, such as when you have the op you'll have to wait for the path results. It is easier than waiting for the initial diagnosis though.

Good luck for your appointment on Wednesday.

Maggie xx
Highlighted

Hello pas.the.boss,

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis. You are in the right place to get support and exchange note with others.

My Oncologist also suggested Chemo before surgery, and have done 2 cycles already. I can't say is easy, but is manageable.

I've felt very isolated since my dx, but I find this forum helpful.

As you said, the road ahead is bumpy; but we will arrive to our destination eventually.

Take care and good luck.

Mahsa x
Highlighted

Hi Katy and Powerjen, I'm so glad I decided to join the forum. In a weird kind of way it's comforting to know you are all there. Not that any of us want to be here but I think you probably understand what I mean. I have been very strict with myself as to what I google. Macmillan, Cancer Research UK and this site are the only ones I have looked at. There is more than enough info there, not that it has really helped me come to terms with all of this. I have managed to tell my family and the friends that need to know. I found that surprisingly easy. Just find it a bit more difficult when we talk about it. It's still the fear of the unknown for all of us so We are all putting on brave faces at the moment and keeping positive. Only a few more days to wait now. May well pop up posting on a different topic next week.
Best wishes to you both and thanks. pas.the.boss x
Highlighted

Hi , welcome to the forums, you will find great support and information here, good luck for appt next week x

Highlighted

Hi Pass the boss , sorry you find yourself here. You will however get lots of advice and tips from the ladies ( and gents) who are further down the cancer trail.
I found it very helpful and also do not google is the general advice everyone gives, as it is scary out there. Stick with this site and the Mac Millian one as they are both practical and realistic.
You would of probably read on various threads that the waiting bits inbetween are the worst as everything is out of your control. Once you know where you are you will feel more in control. Another tip is is very exhausting telling family and friends as they get very upset. I found I was trying to protect everyone and in the end we asked a family member to tell others and friend to tell others. It was draining and my hubby was very stressed during this time and agrees it was the worse but once people know ( the ones you want to know) then we got a lot of support.
Take care of yourself , lots of treats just now helps and if you need to talk use your breast care nurse or the nurses on this site.
Best wishes, keep in touch and let's us know how you get on, Katy.
Highlighted

Hi Sarah. Hopefully after next week the waiting will be nearly over and things will start to move on. i'll just keep positive and keep reading the postings. They really do help. Hope everything gets under way for you too soon. All my best wishes. pas.the.boss. xx
Highlighted

Thanks Lynn and Poemsgalore for your kind words and best wishes. I must admit I find the waiting very difficult to handle. It seems such a long time since my dx (18th Jul) when I was told it would be chemo before surgery and I just want to get on with it. I am not looking forward to chemo but there's not a lot of other choice in this situation. My consultant feels that if they can shrink the lump there will be less of a surgical impact and I may get away with a lumpectomy. Fingers crossed on that one. Not sure if chemo will be in August or September. My appointment with the onconologist is next Wednesday so I suppose it will depend on how quickly they get started after that. Probably get my CT results that date too. That's a scary thought. Definitely not looking forward to that. Despite everything though I am trying to remain positive. Diazapam works a treat!!
Once again thanks for your support and know that I will be popping up somewhere on these pages for some time to come.
Virtual hugs and handholding all round. Hope you enjoy your weekend. pas.the.boss. xx
Highlighted

Hi pas.the.boss, sorry to hear about your dx. I've been recently dx and still waiting to get going with my treatment and surgery. It seems the waiting game is the worst part by most accounts on this forum. It gives me huge support being on here so hopefully you too!
Take care and good luck
sarah x
Highlighted

Hi Pas.the.boss
I too am very sorry to hear of your dx, and your need to be on here. But it will prove a Godsend while you are going through chemo. You might have noticed the list on the side has one called undergoing treatment: chemotherapy. Sadly, there is a group for every month. The latest one is for August and I've no doubt there will soon be one for September. In my opinion, it would benefit you to join one of these groups for the mutual support and advice you will get from the other members. I'm a February Valentine, and we have all moved on to other treatments now, but while we were undergoing chemo, we all had a good laugh and cry together on here.
Sending big hugs and best wishes.
Poemsgalore xx
Highlighted

Sorry you have to be here pas.the.bus but welcome .... It is a great place for suport & information. I was diagnosed with a grade 3 tumour & in lymph nodes & just started chemo on wed. I had surgery 4 weeks ago. I can honestly say the waiting is the worst thing So I am sending you a big virtual hand hold & lots of luck & keep reading the posts - they really do help. Lynn xx
Highlighted

Thanks Janet. Something tells me I'm going to need some virtual hands to hold for the foreseeable future especially once I know exactly what I'm dealing with.
Highlighted

Dear pas.the.boss

Welcome to the BCC forum. You have come to the right place for support from your fellow members.

You could also give our Helpline a call for information and support. They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Highlighted

Hi there everyone, another new one

Have been reading lots of the postings on this site and decided this is where I need to be. Recently diagnosed with grade 3 bc, in lymph nodes too. Have had CT scan and now waiting for results. Seeing oncologist next Wednesday when I expect to be told when my chemo will start. It seems this will be fiirst followed by a lumpectomy at a later date. Needless to say I am still in a state of shock and the waiting seems endless but thanks to a wonderful GP and a prescription for diazapam I am just about coping. Supportive family and friends help too. It's just sometimes you realise that no matter how much you know they care they don't always understand. So here I am starting my journey and expecting a bumpy ride!