75.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Starting Chemo and radiotherapy soon but still waiting for appt with oncologist

Thanks Cassa
Having first tc-h on the 9th July. Disappointing 2 months wait in that NHS Trust but too late to change!
Will let you know how it goes. Yesterday
my cardiology scan was normal

Re: Starting Chemo and radiotherapy soon but still waiting for appt with oncologist

Hi Donna
my appt on the 11th June was with the oncologist not commencement date. Starting at last on the 9th July but will stay with the June thread. Have got all the suggested goodies even if I am hoping I won't need them. Been to visit Headstrong- very helpful re scarves.
How are you doing now?

Re: Hi

Hi I have my second chemo on this Friday and can't say I looking forward to it x it ain't as bad as I thought and staff are brilliant and always in stand bye for my silly questions I have x having my pic line in today at half one hoping it does hurt x I had done side effects on first like sore mouth feeling sick but tablets worked x only lasted five days and after steroids finished on day three I felt a lot better x I have little appetite and in last two days have gone realty tired x

Hi Sugar, try not to worry to much, just as Donna says its not as bad as you imagine and it doesn't hurt. I had my 1st Fec on 21st May the nurses were really nice and looked after me and so far I haven't really had any bad side effects (hope I haven't spoken to soon!!). I felt a bit emotional for a couple of days, had the horrible taste in my mouth for a while but that's gone now and my head is starting to feel really itchy think that's the sign that I will be losing my hair soon (not looking forward to that). I also get tired quite easily but am just hoping I get through my next session (also on 11th June) the same way. Good Luck Sugar, let us know how you get on x

Hi Sugar

Good luck for the 11th.......try not to worry about it.....it is nothing like your mind has convinced you!

You probably won't sleep the night before because you will be worrying......... but honestly the whole session is very calm...with no pain. Once you have had the chemo you will feel more relaxed. I went out shopping with hubby after first chemo.......felt tired about 4 hours later....... but no nasty surprises.

I hope you have purchased all your bits n bobs in preperation........ we all have long lists of what to have in lol

Sending you lots of best wishes xxx Donna

Thanks for feedback and support Donna. I have now got an appointment for 11th June and Waiting patiently. Hope you are doing well.

Hi Sugar8

Sorry to hear of your long delay

Chemo usually starts 5 weeks post surgery if no complications.

Keep being strong - once you start the chemo you will hopefully feel like you are on your journey to your cure

Please don't worry too much aboutthe chemo....your mind tortures you more than the treatment. The care is excellent and you will get through it....just take one day at a time

Sending you best wishes and hugs - Donna x

Starting Chemo and radiotherapy soon but still waiting for appt with oncologist

Can anyone tell me how long it took them to start treatment?

Things seem to be draggiging on as I was diagnosed on the 31st Dec 2013 but was delayed by 3 surgeries.  

Thank you x I not bad can't sleep so extremely tired x

Hello, hope your feeling a bit better today, if you go on the going through treatment part of the forum u will see chemo monthly threads, click on that and scroll down till u find the latest post headed staring chemo May 2014, you can then respond and join in xx linda xx

Hi sorry for delay in answering x had chemo Friday been unwell since Tuesday but feel a little better now x I am not sleeping at min and mouth so sore. Not sue how to get on the May chemo thing if u could help

Hi Stedie, Hope it goes well for you today, once you've started your chemo you could join us on the May Chemo thread, we have a good group with lots of helpful advice as we are learning together..Don't be scared the side effects aren't good but some suffer worse than others and they give you help advice and anti sickness drugs so you don't feel to bad. When they administer the Chemo  the surroundings are generally calm and it doesn't hurt

Linda xx 

Hi

Start chemo tom just on way to have pre checks done today xx not sure how I feel today but not slept in days xx had my hair cut short on Saturday actually love it pity won't have it long but knew style when it grows againxxxxx 6 and half weeks pre double mascetomy and doing well bit right but other wise healed wellxxxx