Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Wycombe Area

3 REPLIES 3
roxygirl

Re: High Wycombe Area

Hi

I live in Amersham and having treatment at High Wycombe! I too have had 4 operations all Wide local excisions. I was originally diagnosed in April with Invasive cancer in the left breast and DCIS in the right. The invasive cancer they got out all in one go 3.3cm however the DCIS is proving more elusive before the last op they had removed a total of 4cm worth in the previous 3 ops and I was told a mastectomy would be recommended however the consultant said that due to the position of it he thought he could remove all remaining tissue with a good cosmetic result (I am not big breasted either) and so I have gone with that option. Had the operation last wednesday and will be going back next Friday to get results.

I am hoping that will be the end of surgery and that I can move on and see the oncologist to see if I need Chemo as well as bilateral radiotherapy. It has taken six months to get to this point and I have to say that I am a bit fed up with it all now.

There is a BC support group at the Chiltern called Upfront and there is a meeting tonight and I am considering whether to go or not.

Sharon

madalynn

Hi

i dont know if you are still looking for buddies but I live in maidenhead.

Lucy_BCC

Hi Emieloo

Bumping this up for others to see and also posting you a link to further BCC services which you may find useful such as our 'Younger womens forums' where you are able to meet up with other women, you can find this and other information under the 'services' tab in this link :

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=younger_women

Take care

Lucy

emmieloo

High Wycombe Area

Im 36 Ive had 4 ops resulting in MX .Not long finished chemo due to start radiotherapy in 3 weeks. Looking for fellow breast cancer buddies in High wycombe area.