1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High liver function result..

5 REPLIES 5

Re: High liver function result..

Well done for seeking further advice - i know that tummy fat issue all too well !!!! Hope the next ones are an improvement 😉

Thanks for replies.. yes i take meds for acid due to a hernia.also ibrufen due to bone pain from chemo tamoxifen,stopped tamoxifen after 4.5 yrs as i really felt poisoned by it upset tummy acid aches pains moody i could go on.any way went to see doctor he believes its my poor diet having no gallbladder etc and advised i change my ways.dont drink really unless we go out  which isn't often,doctor said nurse may have over worried me as my liver function was only 2 over but he feels thats my diet and life style but will run another blood test in two months.oh and i must lose weight he said too much tummy fat.xx

Hi sarah
Our bodies are dynamic, and the liver is the powerhouse cleaning us up. Have you seen your GP? do you take any supplements - herbal / chinese medicines, regular medicines over the counter - paracetamol / ibuprofen, antihistamines etc, do you drink alcohol every day? Have you been unwell recently, are you someone who only drinks minimal water? This is not a judgement on your life but a pointer of factors that may upset your liver. When were any bloods last taken looking at the liver. A retest is likely to be suggested, but also go with all this info when you see your GP.

Hi sarah63

I'm sorry to read you're having such a worrying time.  May I suggest that as well as the information and support you receive here you might find helpful to talk things through with your GP or a member of staff on the BCC helpline.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi sarah, sorry about your liver function test. I had this in 2013 and unfortunately it was because it had gone to my liver. Please try not to worry as it may be rised because of other reasons. The doctor did a LFT test for 3 weeks running but it did not go down. I was then taken into hospital because I felt so ill , tired, sweats, and honestly thought I had a virus. After a cat scan it revealed it was liver and bone cancer. I previously had BC in 2007 and was fine till 2013. On a good note I am now 2 years down the line and doing fine. Hope this does not unset you to much and look on the positive side it may not be anything to worry about xxx

High liver function result..

Hi all i am in a bit of a panc,had blood test at doctors then got a phone call saying my liver function test is high..i stopped tamoxifen 6months ago so it wouldnt be that..anyone else had this and its been nothing???worrying now,x