Higher risk - Oncotype result

Hi Ladies

I just wondered if anyone else had been through the Oncotype DX testing route. I had a grade 3 16.5mm tumour that was ER+ (score 8/8) and HER2- with a micromet of 0.66mm in my Sentinel Lymph node (removed during surgery for lumpectomy. I had good clearance margins of over 5mm sonlucky in that no further surgery.

The MDT decided I was eligible for the Oncotype Test and I got thr results today that I was in the higher risk of recurrence and so chemotherapy is to go ahead as part of the treatment plan. I am seeing the Oncologist tomorrow to find out more and to get booked in for 1st cycle of chemo.

I just wondered if there are other ladies on this forum who have also gone through Oncotype testing and how your results went and if you too have gone through the chemo route. Today feels like the same type of shock I got as the day I was diagnosed with breast cancer early October :frowning:

Thanks
Joanne

Hi runaway girl, I was diagnosed with a ER+ HER2- 3cm tumour in August. I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy with clear margins and no lymph node involvement. I was advised I probably wouldn’t need chemo but was eligible for the oncotype test. Mine also came back as a high risk of reoccurrence so I am currently undergoing chemo. I have completed 3 of 6 sessions and while it’s not easy the side effects have been manageable with the main one being tiredness. I was scared when they told me I would need the chemo but I look on it as my insurance policy to try and prevent reoccurrence in the future. Your medical team will give you the best possible advice as all treatments are tailored for your individual circumstances. Make sure you ask as many questions as you need that’s what your team are there for xx