Hitting a crisis point 2 years on after dx

Hi. Has anyone out there experienced depression after treatment has finished.I am 2 years post surgery/ treatment and am struggling to cope. Doc has diagnosed depression and anxiety. It seems everything has just hit me and I can’t move forward.

I’ve had depression on and off all my life so know how you’re feeling depression wise. Take the meds the doctor gives you. You cannot do the heavy exercise and other methods someone well can do to avoid meds. They do help . I know about the feelings of helplessness and the crying all day . It’s horrible. It’s understandable you have depression you’ve had a traumatic ordeal. Once the meds have kicked in and if you can have some fresh air you will start feeling more positive. Also bananas are very good diet wise hugs to you xxx

HI Biz…I am totally understanding where you are coming from…I didn’t even last 2 years …everything hit me in Oct last year…one year on from dx…5 months from end of treatment…I focussed all the way through my crappy journey on the next step…the next appt…the next treatment…then…it was all finished…I was busy all summer with my grandson…babysitting…my daughter moved and I spent 3 months going backwards and forwards whilst she juggled work…and her son…he’s only 5…then…when she had settled down and I had time to reflect…I thought…my god…what has happened to me…I have had…CANCER…AAARGH…then the depression set in…by the beginning of Dec…which is a bad time for me anyway for other reasons…I was all in…I just woke up one morning and couldn’t get out of bed…curled up all day crying…wasn’t sleeping…not hungry…I had hurt my ribs stretching too much so therefore every twinge was a return of my gremlin…I was in a right state…fortunately my OH talked me into going to the doc…what a godsend…she told me it was like Post Traumatic Stress…my body was recovering but my mind had to accept what had happened to me…I was prescribed some Citalipram…just 10mg but what a difference it has made…my mood has lifted…I am sleeping as much as the tamoxifen will let me…and am eating again…never been depressed in my life before so didn’t know what it was…also my doc informed me Tamoxifen can cause depression in some ladies…I am better now and have been for the last 2 months…the meds took a few weeks to kick in but I persisted and started to feel better…I hope this post helps you and makes you feel that you are not alone in this…hugs and best wishes… apple

I took citilopram too xx and amitriptyline at night to help me sleep.

HI Biz
You are not alone for sure!
I hit my low point, 3 years after DX, following multiple reconstructive surgeries to repair damage and although i am still not ‘finished’ as such, feel that i am in a better place now, than i was last November.
I did not see my GP, but did start talking to the counsellor attached to my place of work.
She has been a godsend for me and has allowed to get out all that i had been suppressing for 3 years.
My anger, fear, frustrations and disappointments - the lot! This makes me feel much better and helps me to realise i am not alone with my feelings.
Your body and brain takes such a battering once you are DX that it has to come out at some point - usually some time afterwards, although everyone is different.
Most of us plod on through the treatment/surgery and then the realisatoin hits us - we have had cancer and that can put us in a scary place!
Seek help where you can Biz - there are some lovely people on this site and i have made two lovely friends also on here who know EXACTLY what i am talking about.
Chat to your GP if you think it may help, or talk to the volunteers on this site.
Don’t bottle things up though…

Naz xx