Holiday Insurance

I am hoping to go on holiday at the end of my treatment and have been looking for travel insurance. The one’s I have seen have been ridiculous prices. I only want a cheap holiday somewhere in the sun but the insurance prices that have been quoted have been more than the price of a holiday! Anyone know of any insurance company’s that don’t rip you off? There must be some somewhere.

Hi greenpea

just this morning I whispered a few details to another member. I don’t think the mods want links in the forum so I will whisper them to you as well. I am sure if you do a search on travel insurance here you will come up with previous threads as well.

dawnhc

Oh thanks dawnhc for getting back so quickly. Will do just that!

Wow that was quick. Was searching other sites as you recommended and came back to see you’ve done it all for me.

Cheers!

xx

Hi Greenpea

Try Aberdeen Insurance - do search on here for number. They quoted me £69 for family of 4 for 2 weeks to Florida with £65 excess for norm probs and £750 for my cancer as I have liver mets too.

They are really good and a few people have used them now

Take care
Dawn
x

That’s brilliant Mary.
Will check them out then.
Not sure where to go yet. Just want somewhere I can rest and recouperate with a good book and some warmth. will probably get a late deal in Sept sometime.

Have a fantastic time in Spain when you go - I’m sure you will and have a sangria or two for me.

xx

Insure-pink, only additional £20 to cover the cancer and that was before I had seen anyone after treatment had finished

Aberdeen have changed their underwriter - I was quoted £33.81 and then told to contact Medical Screening and they quoted an additional £323.03 to cover BC and Lymphodema. Needless to say I did not take out insurance with them and tried Medicitravel and they have quoted me £72.83 for myself, hubby and two kids and that covers everything.

It pays to shop/surf around.

Have a great holiday.

Missy

I used to go to the PO for my travel insurance but now get it free via my bank, I have asked what happens when I next travel after my treatment and they were quite vague, I am gonna risk it and accept that if I require any BC related medical attention whilst I am away then I will probably have to pay for it. But I am not going to rush to the airport I will give myself a breather for a couple of weeks after everything is finished. Roll on…

I have just taken out an annual worldwide policy with Holiday Safe for £105!! Easy screening process and online quote available, although I did have to phone to take up the quote. The excess is higher than usual, but that is fine with me.