Holiday after chemo?

I’ve had FEC-T 3 cycles and looking forward to finishing the beginning of Sept. Bearing in mind we haven’t been away at all this year and we have op and RT to face in the autumn, we’d like to book to go away for a short UK holiday after I’ve recovered and the CS says they will fit in the op around our holiday break. I’d like to book 3 weeks after chemo to fully recover - and in case I have any delays in treatment-but I don’t want to add to the risk of the tumour recovering. (as if?) What are your experiences of timing of this interstitial holiday?

Bump

Hi. I’ve done this exact thing. My last chemo session is 26/07 and I’ve booked to go to France on 18/08 For 2 weeks. I am due to have my op on 4/9 and then potentially RT. I spoke to my surgeon before I booked and he said to go for it and enjoy myself. We’re going on the ferry but if we had been flying I was told that chemo does put you in a higher risK of Thrombosis but just to wear a sleeve. I’ve been fairly good throughout chemo (3 EC90 and 2 out of 3 TAX) and it hasn’t stopped me doing anything but I still thought leaving the 3 weeks post chemo would be a good idea. I love my holidays a really feel a good relaxing holiday will set me up nicely for the Operation in September. I hope this helps.
Diana

I had 8 weeks between end of chemo and bilateral mx. The delay was due to my daughter getting married about 6 weeks after my last chemo. My histology after op showed my tumour had gone. Hope this helps and I am sure they will work round you holiday . x x

I will be having my 6th and last chemo on Tuesday next week. We have a holiday booked 5 weeks later, giving me plenty of time to get over the fatigue and any other side effects. My oncologist has worked round my holiday dates for radiotherapy and was unconcerned that there will be a short delay in starting. I have my rads planning meeting before we go and will start after we get back. Just be aware that fatigue tends to be cumulative - each cycle it seems to get a bit worse - so bear this in mind when booking your holiday so you can make the most of it. xxx