Holiday insurance

Hi ladies,
i know this topic comes up again and again, but need some help finding a reasonably priced holiday insurance qoute .Best i can find is £79 and the most up to £250!!is this reasonable? This is declaring a pre existing medical condition.
Also does anyone know if you are on anti depressants, if you have to declare mental health issues??

thanks
marg

Hi I have posted this elswhere but i found Getmy.com very reasonable about£60 for both my husband and myself. They will also insure taking out the cancer for aroung £15 so this covers any loss of possesions etc and if you are travelling in the EU you will be covered for health care with E11 card. I also believe that unless you have a diagnosis from a psyciatrist stating a mental health problem being prescribed anti depressants by your GP will not need to be declared. Have a good holiday kittyx

Hi Marg,
Having had ridiculously expensive quotes from various companies, I have found MIA Online to be the most sensible.
I got annual worldwide cover that covered me for both my breast cancer and hypertension (high blood pressure, for which I take 2 lots of medication) for £116.
As I travel worldwide 4 times a year, I think that is very good value.
Had I only wanted single travel, european cover, it would have cost a lot less.

Miaonline for me as well but I can only get it on a single trip basis as I have small bone secondaries. This time, I’ve paid £89 for 16 days in Mallorca for myself and my partner who has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma and is still waiting for tests for angina. I was worried about his conditions being covered this time but previously I’ve had annual policies excluding my cancer. One company wanted to charge me £1500 for the same cover !!!

thanks all,
I will shop around on those recommended.
marg xx

I have an RBS royalties account, I was diagnosed 1st June this year so still going through treatment and they have only charged me an addditional £70 for a full years worlwide cover, hubby and kids still covered free

I was phoning some companies and getting quoted £600!!! so im well pleased.

Carol x

Hi there

I have found Medici insurance very good. My husband has COPD, temporal arteritis, CLL, and has had heart surgery. Some companies won’t cover him at all, others quoted around £700 for three weeks in Greece. Medici cost about £113 for a three week single trip to Greece in September this year.

Good luck!

Dilys

Hi, I was wondering if anyone was having problems getting mortgage and payment protection insurance? I have recently been trying to find an insurer and have made 2 applications and I have been turned down by both.I have no doubt that medical history is the key factor in their decision-making.I find it very upsetting as I feel that I am being discriminated against for having had breast cancer. Anyone had any problems or on a positive note any successes? Thks!

Hi i was told by mortgage broker that I would find it difficult to get mortgage insurance with my med history, if i got any(highly unlikely) it would be extortionate.