Holiday insurance

We are due to go on holiday in February all insurance is paid having declared my primary BC I found out last week that I now have liver Mets. I start chemo this Friday and have been advised to obviously cancel our holiday as it will be in between chemo one and two. My oncologist said she would write me a letter to insurance. But will we get all our money returned as its stil BC related even though I never knew that I had this. Please help !!

Hi

if you already had insurance in place and had declared your primary BC I don’t think you should have a problem with your claim unless something specific was written in the policy regarding secondary BC. As you hadn’t had the diagnosis you were obviously unaware, as any one with any other medical condition that hadn’t been diagnosed would be. I hope you can get this sorted, a letter from your oncologist will help I am sure. Then please come back and get any support you need from the secondary part of the forum, it is stressful and worrying enough when you get this diagnosis, let alone having to worry about financial problems at the same time. Also, once you have a treatment plan in place and feel you want to have a holiday abroad there are insurance companies that will insure you even though you have secondary BC. There’s not many but there is a ‘sticky’ thread on here with information from quite a few of us about the companies we have found to be good.

Nicky x

Thank you Nicki for your help, I feel a sigh of relief. I’ve been frightened to look on the insurance documents feel stressed out enough with diagnosis. Yes I’ve been on the secondary BC forum over the weekend and I feel that I’m not on my own now at least. I found this site so helpful last year when I was going through it for my primary BC, never thought I would be back on here so soon. Mine is triple negative but I start my treatment plan of “gem” or is it “gen carbo” chemo on Friday xxx