Holidays and travel insurance ?

Hi … just been dx with secondary bone mets. Has anyone any advise on holidays. I had a cruise booked in Oct this year . Can you travel ok on treatment what about travel insurance? Any countries I should not visit?

hi
you can find a sticky (ie always present) thread here:
http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/forums/travel-insurance-30

Hi Vodkasue

In similar position to you - holiday to NY & Canada already booked when got bone dx. Phoned all the companies on the sticky & only one that would consider me is Insure Cancer. You need to work with your onc to ensure you are treatment free during holiday. I’ve just started capecitabine & they’ve agreed to delay cycle 3 while I have quality time with my family. The insurers will only issue certificate once I have blood tests at end of cycle 2 which is 2 days before we fly, so be prepared for everything to be to the wire! The premium for this trip where medical costs are high will be about £1000. We decided it was worth it.

Stephanie at Insure Cancer has been great & gives the impression she’s use to sorting us ladies out.

Good luck & getting away from the treadmill of treatment I’m convinced is good for our mental well being.

Ingrid