cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holidays

4 REPLIES 4
Jo1

Re: Holidays

Hello Mariecay. When I had radiotherapy I went down to the south of France pretty well straightaway, within a few days. As others have said, you need a high factor sun cream and keep it topped up. I also made sure I wore tops that covered up to my neck just in case. It was lovely to be there and feel that life was getting back to normal!

Take care and I hope you can plan a lovely holiday.

CassieB

I finished RT on 20th May and we're flying to Menorca on 9th June. I was told that there was no problem with me going on holiday except that I MUST use a very high factor suncream around the area of treatment - which will be covered anyway as I'm not into topless sunbathing!
Magical_Moon

Hello Mariecay,
As far as I am aware, there is no set timescale for travelling abroad after radiotherapy.
It mostly depends on individuals and how you feel after treatment. Many ladies feel very tired after radiation therapy finishes. The radiologists warn you about likely fatigue.
If you are intending to go to a sunny climate, you are strongly advised to use high factor sun protection especially on the side you have had radiotherapy. Maybe even to stay out of the sun because your skin will be very sensitive and will easily burn.
If you feel recovered enough to go abroad, go for it. Pack your suitcase and have fun!!! I'm sure you will be fine provided you take the usual precautions.
Peace and Positivity,
M x
Jo_BCC

Hi Mariecay,

While you are waiting for replies, our helpline team will be only too happy to talk to you about this.  Lines open again tomorrow morning at 9am, calls are free 0808 800 6000

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Mariecay

Holidays

Hi, how soon after radiotherapy is it ok to go abroad on holiday? Don't suppose anyone has asked this question?
Marie x