69184members
363214posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homeopathy to help alleviate Tam flushes?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Homeopathy to help alleviate Tam flushes?

Hi Ali yes it does appear to be helping a bit. I don't know if it will completely resolve it, Give it a go I'm sure you'll find it Ok.
Highlighted

Thanks Baylissa! A lot of people have told me that there's not really any sensation with acupuncture so I'm thinking I should give it a go 🙂
Is it helping with your neuropathy?? X
Highlighted

Im having accupuncture for Nuropothy, I hate needles but try to look away when getting bloods etc done. I have had the one session out of 6 so far and I didnt find the needles a problem at all . Someone I know is having accunpuncture for hot flushes and she said its definatey helping so I would give it a try.

Highlighted

Hi Mel! Really? Nothing? Ok , will reconsider then! The nurse practitioner I saw today at the BCU says the homeopathy is part of their services, you just pay a small payment towards the medicines but the consultations are free. And yes, the cold flushes are as annoying as the hot ones!!
Highlighted

Hi Ali
I haven't had any experience of homeopathy for the SEs of Tamoxifen but have used it for other complaints in the past with great results. Think I may look into that myself as the hot flushes/cold flushes are driving me insane!

As for acupuncture... I'm the biggest wuss going when it comes to needles. I visited an osteopath a couple of years ago for a back problem. At the end of the treatment he announced out of the blue that he was now going to give me some acupuncture. I nearly passed out in the spot! However I can reassure you that you really don't feel a thing... nothing... bizarre! 🙂 x
Highlighted

Homeopathy to help alleviate Tam flushes?

My BCU have referred me to their homeopathy service for help with the hot flushes and some of the other SEs of Tamoxifen, has anyone any experience of this? They suggested acupuncture too, but I'm a bit of a wuss...