Hooray a little bit of good news

Had some good news at last, my lymphoedema has gone down from 33% to 30% (I know it doesn’t sound much) but this is the first time its reduced. I’ve had this for a year so felt quite chuffed yesterday.

Bahons - I asked about MLD and bandaging, and was told they are trying to get finance to train someone in this, but I wouldn’t fit the criteria (40% and larger distortion to arm). I checked website you suggested MLDUK and found someone fairly close. I’m going to contact them re cost. Going back to clinic December if arm hasn’t reduced again, this maybe an option.

Hi Lynni

Really pleased to hear about your arm - that must be so encouraging! I hope it continues.

Fancy the criteria being 40% and above for when they do get seventually get someone trained! I have to say, I do feel that is bad.

I think the PCTs rely on a lot of people getting really fed up with their swollen arms and then paying to get them sorted out themselves. All the time there are no NICE guidelines (not that they are necessary a guarantee of best practice, as we know) on how lymphoedema should be treated, they can get away with doing this - it’s disgraceful. Co-payments? - what a joke.

I hope you soon find a good MLD therapist that you like and whose charges are acceptable.

Let us all know how you get on, won’t you?

X

S

A messeage for professionals. IT DOES GET SMALLER SOMETIMES!

Brill news Lynni

good news lynni. always good when you get a reduction in size . been to clinic myself today and have a new prescription for sleeve with thunb and also been given a really soft fabric glove to wear wich so far is fab .if you can get your clinic to presribe it do try its a voe make and sheer fabric ,at least its not so bad to wear as the thick sigvariz they usually give me . hers hoping for more reduction in the swelling . xxlynn

Thanks everyone.

My sleeve goes to thumb but its a Medi. The one I had first was a Juzo it was alot more comfortable, but the arm kept swelling. When lymph nurse put me onto Medi sleeve she said I needed the extra compression, but hopefully if arm keeps reducing I can go back to a Juzo. Go back in December.