Hormone therapy and lapatininb

Hi everyone
I am in the unenviable position of being a ‘unique case’ (although, aren’t we all!), and am therefore going to be starting some sort of hormone therapy alongside lapatinib next month.
This is for a second BC that cropped up while I was on herceptin for a recurrent BC from 10 years ago. Unfortunately the new cancer is resistant to herceptin even though it is HER2+; however my new cancer is also hormone oestrogen positive, which the previous cancer wasn’t.
Bit of a muddle I know!
Anyway, my question is around having my ovaries removed or having monthly injections? Anyone any ideas? My Onc has gone away to find out if there is any research on just lapatinib plus tamoxifen or plus an AI (I am no longer on capecitabine due to side effects).
I am just not sure which of the menopause options - ie ovaries removed or injections monthly - might be preferable in terms of side effects? And also whether people have generally found tamoxifen or AIs more tolerable?
Any info much appreciated
Justy x

Hi Justy
I’m currently having Zoladex injections (as well as Femara). I haven’t have a problem with the injections (just 2 so far, the next tomorrow), maybe because I have a bit of spare flesh on my stomach and the nurse at our cancer centre seems very good.
There is a quite a long discussion about Zoladaex injections called “zoladex injection - is it hideous or just me??” at breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=27826
Julie