Horrible, repetitive dreams on chemo

I’m on my third round of AC and I’m sleeping so badly, despite being shattered. I have horrible dreams about the same thing, over and over. One night it was something to do with Masterchef, and last night it was the words Doxurubicin and Cyclosphamide being repeated non stop in all sorts of different situations.

It’s a kind of half awake sleep as well, and I can feel my mind being exasperated at the inability to either wake up enough to stop the dream or sleep deeper without the dream.

Feel so drained.

I know exactly what you mean Pennies - it’s horrible, like a fever dream. I have started taking Nytol two or three times a week to get some dreamless sleep - I also take them on the steroid days, as they are by far the worst for sleeping. I also leave the radio on all night which seems to help - my husband has moved to the spare room for the duration. I’m wondering if the sleep disruption is a permanent thing - there seam to be a lot of ladies on the forum that have problems years after chemo finishes. Its so debilitating - it’s bad enough coping with all this during the day, but not to be able to escape at night is sometimes a bit too much to cope with.

I had dreams and loss of sleep. I was up very early each day so had my first steroids with an early breakfast. I had the second lot with a latish lunch. They will not affect your sleep if you take the second lot before 2pm. I found that taking a piriton tablet to help me sleep worked much better than anything else and, they stopped the dreams. I checked with my Onc before taking the piriton and he was happy that I should.

E

Been there myself last time around. I was prescribed relaxing sleeping pills and took them until chemo finished and I found I did not need them once I was feeling better. So don’t be afraid to ask for something, we can’t be strong all the time.
Take care, love Maria