Hot flushes

Hi am getting bad hot flushes day and night which are horrible and draining me am on tablets to help reduce them but am still getting them bad. Has aone got the same problem and found sum way of helping with them. So need a ngts sleep thank you kate

Hi 

I came off HRT as I’m oestrogen receptive… so hot flushes have been back. 

Don’t know if any of these will help but if you haven’t tried them, might  take the edge off. 

You’ll be doing the cold bedroom, sheet under thin duvet so I can be covered but not kept warm and can fling off . Spanish type fan to hand all the time, I don’t care who thinks I’m up myself…

Spray can of either Vichy water or Boots own, an expensive way to buy water but a quick spray as the heat rises and a good flap with the fan can be good!

Cold packs in freezer to use wrapped in old vest for night times.

I know there is a lot of bad press about sleeping tablets. … but I do take the occasional prescribed 10mg temazepam when I’ve had a run of bad nights. 

Hope bits of this might help, I’m sure you’ll get other tips, Caroluna

Hi Caroluna am ost poistive to so am on tramoxiflan as well to stop me making that hormone. As that was wer my cancer was cummin from. Am on 40mg of tamazapan along wif 2 other sed tablets and i still cant get a ngts sleep. Am lik u i hve the sheet etc on bed and fan its well am on my own in bed these days. I will get that water spray il try any thing . After a hot flush i be freezing then hve to wrap up but no sooner i do that its all off again as quick as i can its a ngtmare . But thank you for replying xx

Oh you are having a horrible time, maybe water spray not such a good idea if you get chilled.  Can’t think of anything else, hope you get more ideas, xx

Thank you Pablo il give that a try ??xx

Hi Anita wat r lady magnets r they them magnet fings u stick on ir arm ?x

Yeah sounds werid to cant c how that wud help hot flushes but il lok at them on amazon xx

Juzt had a lok there at them ,i no we cant wear the copper bracelets i no they h e lik north pole /south pole magnets and different strengths ,i felt sicky wen 1st put it on then found if ur on treatment t ur cancer is to do wif hormone receptors positive u cant use afing lik that . So id b wary using afing lik that xx

Ok Anita let me no wat u find out il ask at the hospital next wk xx

Although I’m triple negative my oncologist said the HRT was a definite no no, he recommended I try evening primrose oil and I have to say it has taken the edge off it - it’s worth a try.

He also said the faster you go through the menopause the worse the symptoms and those of us that have gone through chemo induced menopause have gone through it at warp speed!  Yay chemo the drug that keeps on giving.

if your still on chemo you must speak to your team first before taking any vitamins, herbal remedies and the like.

take care x

Ive bn told not to take afing herbel .

Hi Running free ah am wif u on the hot flushes and how they make u feel is the hardest it just floors me and makes me feel sicky at times. U just dont want to move sumdays as u no the sweat will b running dwn ur face then its straight back to the fan to cool dwn . Then the chills ah u just cant win its never ending and bn told this can go on for years which the thgt of that is so depressing ??

Hi am on 2/3 clonidine tablets twice a day wen the hot flushes r bad i take 3 twice a day for a wk as doc said 3 was the highest dose but not to take that all the time just wen am goin threw bad patch wif the hot flushes. Today has bn a bad day along wif feelin so irritated at efing u just want to scream ,hate these type of days xx

Hi Runningfree ah i feel for u havin to go bk to work i wud hve to hve a fan attached to me and then my dressing gown wen the chills cum on. I hope its not to bad for you just take it easy ?hi Monica how hve u the menopause again i thgt it was only once ah the thgt of it goin away and cummin bk again is to much to think about a pah!!! . How long does the menopause lst for ive heard up to 10yrs that cant b rght ???xxx

I wish I was just suffering hot flushes! Several times a day I look like I’ve stood outside on a rainstorm. Literally soaked head to toe. This weather is making it worse and I’m dreading going on holiday!

Oh no a tent and inside a sleeping bag oh boy that wud b hot ,mayb u cud c if u can get a battery fan. Oh id b lost wif out my fans. Ive one at the side of the bed and that cool breeze threw the ngt us lovely am mayb heading to tenerife in a couple of wks and hopin its not goin to b 2 hot and that they hve fans in the room xxx