cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot stone massage

3 REPLIES 3
Sunflower57

Re: Hot stone massage

I'll be interested to hear whether you have the hot stone massage. A friend & I went for a spa day a few days before my surgery on Fri 13th Feb, one of my booked treatments was a back & shoulder massage. I was advised that it was their company policy that clients had to be 3 years clear of cancer treatment before they could have massages! So my treatment was changed to a facial. Anyone else come across this before?
rosie112

Thanks Julie, I think I have another treatment as I am terrified of getting Lymphodema. Just another reminder of cancer that I will not be able to have the the things I had before but I am grateful to be here. Keep well xxxxxx
JuSt

Hi Suzanne,
What a lovely friend but I know what you mean. I was considering one myself but not sure if it's ok or not really (I had WLE and node clearance last May). I would probs suggest discussing it with the masseur (as presumably they learn about such things when training?) and then go with your gut instinct. Not terribly helpful I know but hope you enjoy your treatment whatever you decide.
Julie x
rosie112

Hot stone massage

My lovely best friend has bought me a hot stone massage and its booked for tomorrow. Just looked and I think I should swap it to a pedicure. Had my mastectomy 24th Jan 2014 with all lymph nodes taken (46 6 with cancer) I am numb down my side and along my arm and think this might not be a good idea. Anybody out there think the same. Love suzanne