Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are we all doing?

12 REPLIES 12
UpBeatSpirit

Re: How are we all doing?

hi Sarah
it's very true what your friend says about taking each day at a time, and I'm trying to deal with each stage at a time too, not thinking too much about what's ahead but dealing with the now, I'm sure you have the stength to get through everything you have ahead of you, we are all a lot stronger than we think we are, not quite sure where my strength comes from sometimes, I try not to overthink about things and keep myself busy to distract myself from getting caught in my thoughts. this forum is gonna be a huge help to speak to people, as all our personal journeys are the same but so very different at the same time, if that makes sense.
Donna
SLou296

Thanks Donna.  It certainly is a difficult rollercoaster and you sound like you've had a really rough ride I've only been on it for 3 weeks and I'm feeling battered already.  

A friend of mine who I spoke to yesterday just told me to take each day as it comes and that's what I'm trying to do atm.  I think even if surgeon says WLE I'm resigned to mastectomy now so might just go for that - I don't think I could be as strong as you have and face surgery 3 times along with everything else that may or may not (God I hate this uncertainty) be on the horizon.  From what you've said it sounds like you are doing brilliantly just hope I can do as well.  

Sarah xx

UpBeatSpirit

hi SLou

i do hope your results are good in Friday,  and I hope your unwanted lodgers are gone for Christmas too.  

We are thrown into this world of uncertainties , and we feel every emotion ever possible, we cope how best we can, no matter how strong I'm being it never seems enough at certain times, I've now had 2 WLE's and each time the results shown a scattering of cells still on the margins.  So yesterday I was told I'll have to have another WLE in the summer when my chemotherapy has finished.  Then followed by radiotherapy and herceptin.  Feel like I've been through the mill already and this is only the beginning.  

Donna

SLou296

Hi all.  I was diagnosed with a grade 2 lobular on 3rd Dec. but after an MRI was done, a bigger one has been found that was biopsied on Monday and I should know results on Friday - there was a sort of treatment plan in place on 3rd Dec. but its all changed now.  

I'm hoping that my surgery, originally scheduled for 22nd December will still take place (even though now it will be a mastectomy and not a wle as originally planned) as I really would like to see the back of these unwanted lodgers before Christmas !

Kayak Jan

Hi all. I too was diagnosed with a grade 3 tumour in November. I had mammoplasty and sentinel node biopsy on 2nd December. Waiting for path results now before making plans for next treatment. Likely to be chemo due to size of tumour and the discovery of another suspect area . I am doing ok although experiencing pain around the biopsy area. I have decided to wait until the new year to find out my results. Family plans have changed. I should have got my results on 29th but as my MDT meet on Fridays I was warned I could probably get my results but it was unlikely that any treatment options would be available for discussion I have decided to wait until January and try to enjoy Christmas and New year with my family. I hope we all manage to enjoy the coming holiday.
UpBeatSpirit

hello
I was diagnosed on 22/10/15 with grade 3 invasive ductal cancer in my left breast, and I am HER2+ and ER+ . chemotherapy is scheduled for January followed by 18 sessions of radiotherapy, then herceptin.
on 16/11/15 I had a lumpectomy and 3 lymphs nodes taken, hadnt spread to the lymph nodes. then on 30/11/15 I had to have a little more tissue taken away to safe guard all was ok. 5 hours after I got home I developed a heamatoma and had to have emergency surgery that evening to remove it. I'm now 8 days post those 2 operations I'm doing great, I'm taking one step at a a time, dealing with what needs to be dealt with and not overloading myself with the thought of all the treatment to come, I'm not sure how chemotherapy will affect me, but I'm hopeful that I won't have too nasty side effects, I'm trying to see the best of every of what's to come because I would scare myself silly otherwise.
patty66

Hi my name is Trish I feel the same way as u il had my surgery on two my 4 chemo still feel sad angry hopefully it will get easer as time goes by good look with your treatment x
Ellie

Hi Sarah,

I was diagnosed end of Aug, have had Lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy, 1 of 3 nodes positive so having chemo, due to start 8 cycles next Monday too ! Then further surgery is on the cards, I guess radio and tamoxifen.Everything has happened so fast, I feel I haven't reallly thought about it properly just got on with it. I'm 41 with 2 children, have you joined the YBCN fb group? 

I'm planning on trying the cold cap, I have a meeting with a chemo nurse tomorrow so it will be on my list of questions.

Hope you are doing ok x

Sissylw1980

Also, these forums are fantastic and have been a godsend to me over the last few weeks xx
Sissylw1980

Hello Sahhs, I was diagnosed on 01/10/15 with invasive ductal in right breast also with localised a spread to lymph nodes. Had a full body scan which has showed no further spread elsewhere. Am booked in for a mastectomy and auxiliary node clearance on 05/11/15, which will be followed by chemo and radio in the new year. Still waiting for all the lab results to come back, but I know mine is very hormone receptive. I'm 35yrs old with no children as my OH and I had a couple of miscarriages last year, we were going to start trying to conceive again in the new year, but now that won't happen and if I'm honest I don't think me being pregnant will be an option for us anymore.

Whilst having the initial scans and biopsies I was very low, not eating and wouldn't get out of bed or leave the house. However, since my diagnosis and the positive results of the full body scan I have to an extent gone back to normal and am able to function again. Knowing what I'm dealing with now and having a plan of action has given me a purpose and I have also been having counselling. Although, I am scared of the operation, I've never had one before and I can't imagine what it's all going to feel like, so at the moment im trying to think of other things. Chemo scares me as well and even though I'm upset about losing the hair on my head I'm more anxious about losing my eyebrows and eyelashes! I suffer from migraines and apparently the cold cap can aggravate them so i won't be trying it. Sissy xx
vjohnson

hello, i a new and I know the feeling.  This is my second  breast cancer diagnosis, the first was radiation/lumpectomy (7 yrs ago) and now I had a mastectomy left breast last week.  My emotions are all over the place and it's all so surreal and scary.  I may be doing chemo this time for sure, so i will keep updating...Let me know how bout the cold cap should you try it....

It sounds like you have a good team with a good plan of action with the chemo/meds/radiation.    I think your emotions are all very normal and that you are entitled to express them and feel them.    I am happy you have 2 sons and a wedding to look forward to it!    

you have a survivor friend that just wants to say, it's okay.  Best to you and hope your day is encouraging.

Vivian

Sahhs

Oh and is anyone else fretting over every little ache and pain and frantically feeling for any other lumps!?!?!? X
Sahhs

How are we all doing?

Hey ladies,
I've been recently diagnosed, age 34, no family history and it had hit me like a ton of bricks! I have 2 young sons and a wedding booked for next august.
Im ER+ PR + HER2 + And it has spread to my lymph glands. I have finally got my treatment plan and start chemo on 26oct, 2 days before my 35th birthday. I'm having 8 cycles, followed by surgery, radiotherapy and also herceptin for a year and tamoxifen tablet for 5-10 years!!
I have good days and bad days,, mainly bad where I don't want to get out of bed, to being angry and jealous of every single other women/mum in the school playground when I drop my son off.
I'm so ready to get my treatment started and under way but also sh*t scared of the side effects and how we will cope as a family and also hair loss, although I am going to give the cold cap a try!
Just wondered how everyone else was feeling?
Love
Sarah
X