How good is xeloda?

Hi

Just about to start xeloda next week, as my tumours have grown, and just wondering about success stories and how effective xeloda is and also what symptoms to expect :slight_smile: i have several tumours in my liver that are active largest is now 3cm and also have one tumour in each lung, upper spine, sternum and lower spine but they are all stable.

Hi there…it’s a good chemo…have sent you a private message…x

Hi Zippy,
I was on xeloda for 2 years it worked for over 18 mths and I had good quality of life while on it. It was for me was the kindest chemo and once I got into a routine I was able to travel and felt well.
Get some e45 cream or ask in chemo room and they will give you a big tub. Rub this on your feet and keep them supple. This works for your hands as well. I always took tablets at the same time each day and night Breakfast 8.30 dinner 7.30 Domperidone anti sickness tablets worked for me I didn’t need the stronger ones. The first day of the week free I got really bad cramps in stomach and had the poos really badly, but this was bearable. My hair nails and skin were in excellent condition. For some reason whilst on xeloda I did not eat meat, just didn’t need it.
Good luck with it hope you find it an easy chemo nd that it works for a long time I know some of the women on the forum have been on it a long time.
Love Debsxxx

Yes I alos know several women who have had excellent results on xeloda particularly on liver mets. I’ve known people on it for 1 2 even three years.

Also in terms of side effects I found it the easiest chemo to deal with…didn’t get the fatigue I’ve had on other chemos. I found udderly smooth cream stopped me getting hand and foot syndrome. Did get diarrhea (can’t spell) and had dose reduced. (xeloda didn’t work on my regional tumours…but as I said I know many others for whom it has worked well.)

best wishes

Jane

Hello

Thank you! for your comments. Ive been told im on 2000mg twice daily dose. fingers crossed about the side effects - i had fec in 2003 and i suffered badly on it, so i hope i get on ok with this one :slight_smile: i have too, as im getting wed in 6 weeks! :slight_smile:

one question - i am supposed to have my hair dyed befor the weddin- do you know if i can as i a paranoid now and wonder what to do whether to quickly get it dyed befor i start wednesday - or can i have it done during my week off? or? maybe i can use a vegetable or somethin dye? do you know?

it made me laugh - the chemo nurse called me friday and said 'oh i remember you you have been before havent you? ’ i went for chemo in 2003 - 6years ago - and am very puzzled as to how she could remember me! wonder whether its a good or bad remembrance!!! lol!!! will find out wednesday!!!

:slight_smile: xx

Hi Zippy,
I had very good results on Xeloda.My liver tumours shrank,lung tumours disapeared,breast tumour(6insx4ins)shrank to 1cm and lymph glands were normal.I was on 5000mg a day and had that reduced to 4000mg because I had sore feet and slight nausea.I am due to go back on it on the 18th because my breast tumour is growing again.
Good luck,
Alli x