How long before treatment is started ??

Hi i am worried about the time it is taking to establish what cancer i have and for treatment to start.
I was diagnosed on 8th Oct 2012 with a recurrance of TNBC that i had in 2008 ( had lumpectomy, chemo and rads)
I have seen breast surgeon who recommends a mastectomy, but after bone, CT and PET scans a tumour 1cm cancer has shown up on my right lung.
I now have to wait to see lung Dr on 26th nov, will i need a biopsy to see if this is breast cancer spread or new lung tumour??
and how long should i have to wait for treatment, will be chemo now apparently , my mammo in Jan 2012 was clear yet recurrance showed uo in aug 2012 so it
appeared fairly quickly so very concerned and want something started now !!!

Thanks all
Sarah66

Hi Sarah, so sorry to hear your news. I seem to be spending my life waiting. I waited 2 weeks for my 1st appointment, I was told there and then it was cancer, that was a shock but at least put out of my misery. I then waited 4 weeks for the op . Now Im into the 3rd week of waiting for results which I get Friday,3 weeks 1 day after op. The nurse told me I will have to wait 4 weeks from Friday for appointment with oncologist then 3 more untill tteatment. I wish you all the best. Please let me know any news .Good luck x

Hi decided not to biopsy lung as it is very close to heart valves, got to go back to breast team to see if chemo is next on the plan , more faffing about, so unsure what the next step is

Take care
Sarah 66 x

sarah, I really feel for you, you obviously have been through this before its so unfair. I had results last Friday goods news…clear margins, clear s n bad news… grade 3 and tn. Chemo here i come . Please let me know how you are. Worry and wait…thats our lives . xxx

Hi Sarah
I’m so sorry you are going through all this and having to wait for treatment dates and things.
Something I have learnt since my very short time on this forum is that no 2 Hospital trusts work the same. This is why it is hard to say how long anything will take.
My journey ( I hate that term sorry) has gone like this
19 th October: Dr’s Appointment to ask him to check a lump I had found
one week later
26th October One stop breast clinic for mammogram. ultra sound and core biopsy
5 days later
31st October: Results
19 days later
20th November: Surgery ( Could of had a cancellation 3 days after results but wasnt ready mentally)
6 days later
26th November: Results of Surgery
2 weeks
11th December: More surgery booked
My feet havent touched the ground since the 19th of October but as you can see everything has happened very fast.
I think my trust has a 30 day guideline where everything must be done within 30 days but as you can see from above I have not had to wait long for anything
Thinking of you and hope you get some answers real soon
Funki x

hi , i know in hindsight i have not really waited too long with all the scans i had to have but it has seemed liked forever. I nagged the BC nurse yesterday and apparently i will be having an appoint with the oncologist presumably to discuss chemo. So bring it on and lets get it over with !!!
Stay strong girls
Sarah66 xx